• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Here you go.....my day in 3.5 minutes. no clearcoat though, shop gets pretty foggy then and didn't want to get gooey stuff on the gopro:
IF.. and that's IF I had your talent, those steps would take me a week and not a day, my video would be mostly me standing there and staring at the piece, waiting for all the doubt and second guessing to slowly go away. LoL .

kork

70cc twin V2
Terry, thanks for the great video and my question is the sticky back material used for the flames,layed first and the carbon sheets. What are the names of both product and where do you purchase them? Is there a benefit to the black primer vs grey or white with Green?
You are truly building one bad ass hotrod!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry, thanks for the great video and my question is the sticky back material used for the flames,layed first and the carbon sheets. What are the names of both product and where do you purchase them? Is there a benefit to the black primer vs grey or white with Green?You are truly building one bad ass hotrod!

There isn't really a carbon sheet, it's just paper. First I laid down the masking material which is basically vinyl graphics release paper.....nothing special. I have used this flame design before so I took a picture of it and traced it in Autocad so I could use it again and scale it to size. I printed it to size and actually when you see me drawing on the backside, I am actually just half-assed marking it with a wide pencil line. Then put the drawing down with the pencil lines down and trace over it with a single line. Instant home made carbon paper!
Also I did not use black primer. I used regular 2K primer (sanding it at the start of the video), then a primer sealer, then three coats of base. The sealer (the dark stuff) keeps the base from soaking into the primer and makes a more consistent color match.

IF.. and that's IF I had your talent, those steps would take me a week and not a day, my video would be mostly me standing there and staring at the piece, waiting for all the doubt and second guessing to slowly go away. LoL .

I think that is half the battle for most people and why they say building takes too long. The trick is to not over think things and break down everything into smaller tasks.