• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
ES50G

Designed for 45-50 cc gas engines.

Length 27" (edge to edge)

Body DIA 2"

Inlet DIA 1"

Weigh 120 g (4.30 oz)

ES50G.JPG

$230 (S&H $12)

This is the pipe that I would like to install

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
ES50G
This is the pipe that I would like to install

Well it will be extremely close but I showed the former under there it would have to go through and it will fit 2 x 2" dia pipes. It will take some for thought and set up with the belly pan install but it just may work. As for header drop the only thing I could give you is the center line of engine to the center of that little tunnel if that would work.

Obviously with pipes they are likely smaller than 2" where they pass through the front structure but I wanted to show worst case.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for the work watched the maiden flight again. Looks good. Seeing that this is my first Terrycustum build and never done vacuum bagging before will leave things as is. Will try some of changes in later builds from you. What mufflers did you use on the DA100L and the supplier. Will try to get the noise down as low as possible. The split on the alerons is the location showed on the supplied drawings.
Thanks again.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I have Jtec's on my production Viper / 100L

Attachments

• image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 264
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 331
  • image012.jpg
    image012.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 261

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi Terry going to ask for a favour from you please. I would like to design my own muffler for this plane that is noise effective and will not cause the engine to overheat and loss of power. The muffler will fit below the throttle servo. The engine will have two header pipes with 90'degree elbows facing back c/w silicone couplers to the muffler. I know a person that can build mufflers light. Spoke to him and he said he would do it but needs a detailed drawing.
Ok what I need from you Terry is one side view of the engine area and two sections one at the bulk head where the cowl fits to the plane and a second section 1 inch ahead of the exhaust. Do not need all the detail just an outlines to size and fit the muffler and make the necessary hangers. I will understand that you are hesitant and I understand you can remove as much detail from the cad as you need, the cad file will never leave my position. If this is ok with you please let me know.
Thanks

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
OK guys just wanted to mention we have one Viper kit and one Slick kit that are not spoken for yet that's going to Nall.

I am a vender there but won't have booth set up so call me or text or pm and email. I'll be there on Friday

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
image.jpg image.jpg
Hi Terry just doodling on how to fit a good efficient and light muffler into the Viper-ST. And how the muffler may be built. Once the sizing has been done, do the calculations for the hole size and how many holes and out let diameters. Add the necessary hangers which will be four. Have it built and see how it works. Does stainless steel steel wool exist?

Husker

50cc
You would likely have cooling issues with that setup. Pipes and cans work because they are behind the engine cooling exits.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Run this type before. This gives you one advantage. you can get the hot muffler can away from the cylinder heads and are able to duct more air around the heads. This is not much different to a pits style muffler. The Jteck muffler showmen mounted on the Da100l is very small and from my experience when a muffler volume goes down the motor temperature goes up. This muffler probably works well because it has no internals and is almost a straight through. ( am guessing to make it work) Two tune typ headers pipes are connected to the cylinders then connected to the larg volume muffler with the same type silicon couplers as used on tune pipes. This give you the ability to make the muffler lite and support it on its own. All I am trying to do is come up with a muffler that is efficient and will pass as a cannesters. To be honest I hope you are not correct because after all the work and the engine runs hot I will not be happy.