• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi Terry couple of questions about the Viper St. At the point of asking for one to be brought to JoeNull for me, but need some answer please.
1. Why did you build the plane with a DA100L and not a DA120. The 120 is lighter and more powerful. Do not have either one of the motors so depending on the answer you give will determine the motor.
2. Are you flying the Viper St with standard mufflers . Or is the 100 quiet enough to run with mufflers. Have DA150 and I need to fly with cannesters for the noise.
Thanks for your help, I belive you have built a nice plane and I love building and will have to learn to vacuum bag.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
The original idea started as a 70cc 94" plane designed around the DA70. That plane was fantastic but lacked for high energy 3D (original thread over on FG). I then decided to re-design the plane to be a 101" airplane that was specifically designed to give DA120 style performance with the plentiful and inexpensive DA100L, DLE111 and even the DLE120. The DA120 quite honestly has far too much shake for the way I designed the kit version of the Viper, the engine box would have to be doubled up all the way back to the wing tube, other than that, it would probably work fine. The DLE120 is glass smooth compared to the DA and I have found it to be the perfect combination for the Viper-ST kit but the DA100L is also quite amazing in the plane.

This one has a DA100L but I plan to change to the DLE120 that I have in another plane for now. The pull-out and performance is very similar to my DA120 powered 104-107" planes:

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
Snoopy1
I think you would be happy installing eather the DA100L or DLE111. I'm DA but I have flowen my friend Mikes Slick with the 111 in it and plenty of fower up. His Slick was around 29lbs.