• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Those are bad ass plugs @Taildraggerrc !!!! I'm going to have to order a set and change the laser program to make a slot for them on the Viper!! I'm planning on putting together a list and seeing if Taildragger wants to offer an extension package for this plane as well.

I'll probably get to work on ARF'ing my new one out in a week or so.
Terry.
I would be more than honored to do so! You just name what you need and we will put it live.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I added some "holders" to hold the awesome servo plugs in the wings. I added a small piece of ply and put a grommet in the middle to hold the wires where they should be. Keeps the connectors inside the wings and makes it even easier to hook up.
Aubrey Birthday Party 128.JPG
Aubrey Birthday Party 129.JPG
Aubrey Birthday Party 130.JPG
Aubrey Birthday Party 137.JPG
Aubrey Birthday Party 138.JPG

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
OK, just about rapped up with a couple other projects so next week sometime I plan to start working on putting all the guts in my new Viper:).

In preparation I wanted to lay up some baffling material. Had not decided yet so I laid up some carbon and texalium fabric on lite ply and I'll see what looks better. With just one layer of cloth I've found it best to paint the lite ply with some rattle can paint to both seal the wood and give it a base color so wood does not show through and discolor the fabric.

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 241
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 220
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 247
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 414
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 361
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 247
Hi Terry, You advised me about using Falcon props on my DLE 120. I am ready to order one for it in the 29 x 9. I see there are two offerings in this prop size, a 29 x 9 wide blade and a I suppose a standard 29 x 9 size. What do you recommend between the two blades, the wide blade or the standard blade? I will appreciate your recommendations.

The Laser 200 I am building has a huge opening in the front of the cowl like a large cat fish. I plan to use lite ply for the baffling. I normally use lite ply but your idea of covering the lite ply with carbon cloth or even fiberglass will and should look awesome. I will follow your movements in building baffles. I think you are on the right track and the carbon fiber fabric will look great inside the cowl, keep up the great ideas and work.

Elwin

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for following Elwin. Honestly the 29x9W was not available last time I purchased props but I do like the 29x9 especially after you get a few gallons through the engine it really comes to life. I know I have run a 28x9 on the 111's and I have a new DLE120 I plan to try that on just for fun. Really depends on your flying style, I really like quick spool up on the deck and moderate speed. Not sure how the 29x9w would effect spool up, but for myself I'd probably shy away since it's the "W"s do bite a lot of air. The DA120 has a lot more bottom end punch and probably handle the "W" better I'm guessing.....just guessing.

You answered my question and I really appreciate your expertize.

The company I went to was justmodelprops.com and they listed the 29 x 9 W and a 29 x 9.

Where do you go to buy Falcon Props?

Thanks so much, Elwin