• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What are you going to build in 2015?

Terry....if you're gonna do a bipe, do the Challenger 3, with the split ailerons!!!!!!!!View attachment 6298View attachment 6299

Yup, another bad ass plane! Years ago I had a 1/3 scale Pitts S-2A with a G-62 in it. I bought the airframe built at a swap meet, but I believe it may have been a Circus kit or that one Japanese kit manufacturer whose name slips my mind?? It was a fun airplane. I have been thinking lately that it would be fun to have another big bipe with a lot of horsepower, but there are no S-2 kits out there anymore.... Not necessarily a 3D machine but something fun to fly traditional aerobatics with smoke on! The fact that Terry is even considering doing Skip's Prometheus has me extremely excited! :yesss:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yup, another bad ass plane! Years ago I had a 1/3 scale Pitts S-2A with a G-62 in it. I bought the airframe built at a swap meet, but I believe it may have been a Circus kit or that one Japanese kit manufacturer whose name slips my mind?? It was a fun airplane. I have been thinking lately that it would be fun to have another big bipe with a lot of horsepower, but there are no S-2 kits out there anymore.... Not necessarily a 3D machine but something fun to fly traditional aerobatics with smoke on! The fact that Terry is even considering doing Skip's Prometheus has me extremely excited! :yesss:
Indeed...... Perhaps by that time, I will have the "REAL" provisions for building one if he kits it.

camss69

70cc twin V2
I hope to build something, not a cool warbird, but I have a tiger 60 and a Ultrasport 60 in the garage. I don't have the finishing skills just yet to try something bigger. After I finish one or both of those I really want to build that 1/3 scale Taylorcraft JTec kits..

balsa

50cc
We found 10 acres and I will be putting in my own runway. I will do a build thread on that!!!! We can't wait
My wife and I just got done building a house on 15 acres. With my own runway it is awesome. Tip tho dont tell the wife how nice it is to fly a home then she says things like why do you still need to got to the rc field. lol

WMcNabb

150cc
For the winter, finishing a small electric with traditional dope and cover, and a 26cc conversion to a Top Flite Staggerwing.

IMG_1380.JPG IMG_1336.JPG