• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What are you going to build in 2015?

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
I aquired an 11 year old 27% Midwest cap232 from a guy from our club. I've made my share of mistakes (too excited i guess). The cool thing I've discovered is that you really can't completely screw it up! Just remove,plane or sand it off and then start again. Having to remove a doubler from one whole fuse side (glued them both to the same side of each fuse half:msn_slap:), showed me that i could salvage a mistake. Then it showed me i could fabricate whole new pieces if i need to. This building is really a blast and if i can do (granted it isnt close to flying), anyone can do it!

i had the same plane. loved it. no 3d monster but smooth, violent, and flew KE great!

Jgsticks

50cc
DSCN1923.JPG DSCN1924.JPG DSCN1925.JPG
This is my project. Just finished covering it waiting on a cowel. Will use hitec 7950's all around and probably use a Dle 120

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
a rebuild project but...........33% Lanier Laser, already built in Alabama.............$100!!!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=1011032

just be careful, may be all dried out from sitting in a shed, just give it a good look inside and out before buying.

Perfect for a DA-70 twin or 85 single, or maybe a good used 3W-80 twin. One went through my shop, had it, never flew it then sold it, had the 3W-80 twin....wish i still had it!!! sold it to a guy in South Jersey, near AC.... :(

garlandk

100cc
Going to finish up my Dalton MEL that Tony just finished building for me. I have been slacking big time. I have not flown much Giant Scale this year. Mainly due to I have been really getting into FPV/UAV flying on the side (You would think doing it 10 hours a day for work it would get old...)

I gotta say I see a lot of people in this hobby get burned out and I feel it is because they just stick to one type of flying. These past two years I have adventured out doing other parts of the hobby....flying a lot of BNF planes....flying fpv.....quad copters.....and planes with autopilots in them... I hope to get back more into the 3d/IMAC flying in 2015.

Mike Chandley

New to GSN!
I am working on a 7 yr old project, it started as a 50% carden 300.
I have decided to make it a 140" Carden Pro now.
Today we will be cutting out all the hard parts on the CNC.
I am going to do my best to have it at the Joe Nall this year.