• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What beer ya drinking tonight?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Guinness Draught...different but in a good way...smooth with not much of a bite or after taste.. @pawnshopmike have you tried this one and if so where do you rank it since you're a big Guinness fan?
I can't see your pic. Is it the tall can with the widget inside? Like this one? If so, it's as good as Guinness gets stateside. And as good as it is, still does not hold a candle to the real deal!
image.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
Next weekend I'm heading to Columbus for work for 2 days, I can't wait to hit the Brewery district and give all the Ohio craft beers a try!! In the little ass town I live in the only state craft beer any place carries it the Great Lakes Brewing Co. stuff, Which is great, but there are over 100 craft breweries in the state!!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Next weekend I'm heading to Columbus for work for 2 days, I can't wait to hit the Brewery district and give all the Ohio craft beers a try!! In the little ass town I live in the only state craft beer any place carries it the Great Lakes Brewing Co. stuff, Which is great, but there are over 100 craft breweries in the state!!

Cool! Have fun bro.

Too bad they don't serve any really good beers in Ohio. Stupid laws.:confused??:

Bipeguy03

150cc
Cool! Have fun bro.

Too bad they don't serve any really good beers in Ohio. Stupid laws.:confused??:
That is very true, some of the best beer I've had in my life I got in Seattle on a work trip.... Plus I got to go to a Seahawks game so as a Seahawks fan it was an awesome week of work :)

pawnshopmike

Staff member
@pawnshopmike can you see it now?
Yep. Worked that time. I almost always have trouble seeing your pics.

You need to try the can with the widget inside. Pop the top, wait a few seconds for it to fizz up and pore it into a tall glass. Gives you the nice creamy head that Guinness is famous for. Not as good as the real deal, but as close as you can get at home.

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
That is very true, some of the best beer I've had in my life I got in Seattle on a work trip.... Plus I got to go to a Seahawks game so as a Seahawks fan it was an awesome week of work :)

Sleepy told me that the craft beer industry in Ohio is working hard to get the laws fixed. But to the best of my knowledge they haven't succeeded yet. So you guys are stuck with beers under 10% for the time being. It's the saddest thing I ever heard:cryin:.

Hopefully they get that fixed sooner than later.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Sleepy told me that the craft beer industry in Ohio is working hard to get the laws fixed. But to the best of my knowledge they haven't succeeded yet. So you guys are stuck with beers under 10% for the time being. It's the saddest thing I ever heard:cryin:.

Hopefully they get that fixed sooner than later.
As far as I know it hasn't changed. And I hope it gets changed too! The one blessing of Ohio, is I'm pretty positive there are no dry counties in the state. There are a couple of dry villages tho.

Also, any business that wants to make money gets a Sunday liquor license too sell beer on Sunday :)