• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
This is what the post man brought me to day. It is enough aluminum screws to replace ever one of the steel screws in the Yak54. The only steel screws that will be left in the plane is motor mounting bolts and the propeller bolts. The only bolts I cannot make up my mind on is the landing gear still thinking about it. Do you guys think the landing gear should be steel or should I change them as well. The change has saved me 1.8 oz. with out the landing gear.
View attachment 105125

Those look pretty stout. It would take a lot of shear strength to pop one of those suckers off. I would be more concerned about stripping them by torqueing them down too much. I would even consider replacing the steel bolts with the aluminum one at a time so you don't have to fight the running torque? I'm assuming your using a nice washer too. I like the BLING!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Mistro.... may I have a drum roll please?!
It's here, it's here!
15355758972281492322422835555300.jpg
Was not certain I would be home, so I had them ship it to my sons house so his wo-man could sign for it.

Who wants to see it?
impatient-smiley-emoticon.gif