• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

WMcNabb

150cc
Was not the real Gee Bee R-3 notorious for making a different kind of "Pilots Wings" ?

Certainly the Gee Bee racers did have a reputation of sorts, and not a positive one.
The model above is the Gee Bee Z, which is my favorite of the bunch. One replica was featured in Disney’s Rocketeer. Another replica is in Kermit Weeks’ collection. Unfortunately, the original crashed while attempting a speed record, some time after winning the Thompson Trophy in 1931. As you might imagine, multiple theories exist on the cause of the crash.

Several years ago, I read about the flight characteristics of the R-2 after Delmar Benjamin and Steve Wolf completed their replica. Perhaps misunderstood would be an accurate description of this variant.

Finally, the R-3 is a fantasy racer designed by my good friend Mirco Pecorari. Several versions exist in the RC world, and perhaps the full scale will be built some day.

Interesting reading here...http://www.air-racing-history.com/aircraft/GeeBee Z.htm

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just a few arrivals from the Postman lately. A little "STANG" glue and a replacement hobby saw. I have just about wore the previous one out after the last two years. So 8 or so bucks later and I got a new one to beat up on. LOL.
20181231_094539.jpg 20181231_094630.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Look what the postman brought me to day, that will match the batteries that I received earlier. Now all I have to do is figure out what to do for the motor. Never had a big electrical motor before so something new to play with. Now I do not know what to do buy an ARF or just sit down and come up with plane and scratch it that will match the motor and battery combination.
F6F36016-51C4-4D4B-89B1-DC7008B6A25E.jpeg

WMcNabb

150cc
Look what the postman brought me to day, that will match the batteries that I received earlier. Now all I have to do is figure out what to do for the motor. Never had a big electrical motor before so something new to play with. Now I do not know what to do buy an ARF or just sit down and come up with plane and scratch it that will match the motor and battery combination.
View attachment 107950

Cool! What size motor?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I ordered some batteries and a parallel board for my little Inductrix from Buddy RC Sunday night and they showed up already today. Tonight I compared the flight time between the original 150mah 25c battery and the new 220mah 45c batteries. 4:00 minutes to 6:50 minutes, but it does fly a bit better with the lighter 150mah cells.

20190102_200302_resized.jpg