• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
A little at a time, parts and pieces for the Behemoth Stang are starting to arrive.

20190102_185312.jpg 20190102_185424.jpg 20190102_185433.jpg 20190102_185440.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Today was a very special delivery. I had the honor and privilege of meeting one of our GSN brethren @acerc. You can imagine what happens when two wingnuts get together and talk airplanes!
It was indeed a pleasure but I am having withdrawals, lol. Glad to see the bird go to someone wanting to do something with it, and do look forward to seeing it being built. To bad the conditions were such we could not do a little flying.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Today was a very special delivery. I had the honor and privilege of meeting one of our GSN brethren @acerc. You can imagine what happens when two wingnuts get together and talk airplanes!

The item being delivered? That would be a 1/4 scale Bob Dively Stearman kit with all the goodies. The plan, as of now, is a scale build of my good friend's 450 hp “Checkmate”.

Apparently the build starts when the first drop of glue leaves the bottle. It might be a while, but I promise to do a thread, here on GSN - naturally.

Thank you “Mr. Postman”!!!

View attachment 107988 View attachment 107989 View attachment 107991
That looks exciting. And best of all it is a kit that will keep you busy for a couple of years and we all at GSN will be happy to follow you along with the build.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok need some help took a close look at the pictures and the channel numbering is confusing, can you explain both ends have the same numbering and the number are not in order?
Not sure what you are seeing.

15468209604396391060727827257122.jpg

If you look to the right of the rx., you will see ports 1-3, B, ports 4-6 with B on both ends.

15468211176698028732738588102108.jpg

Bottom row left to right is ch. 13 and 14 with telemetry on the far right. On the left side of the rx., you will see ch. 7-9, B then 10-12 with B again on both ends. Bottom row left to right is ch's 15 and 16 with S on the end. I do not know why they number the channels in that order. As for the "B's", they are battery ports. However my understanding is 4 batteries can be plugged into this receiver. I don't know why there are 6 "B" ports. It is also my understanding that any "Hott" receiver can be used in conjunction with the GR-32. So in essence another GR-32 can be used to give the radio functionality of a full 32 channels. No S-bus needed. Just bind it with your radio as you normally do and set up channels the way you like. I really love this idea. If I wanted to use a 12 ch. rx., an 8 or even a 4... it does not matter. As long as it is a "Hott" rx., you can design your own system the way you like. This way a rx. can be placed in the main wing with it's own power supply and no wiring between the fuse and wing. A million possibilities.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Not sure what you are seeing.

View attachment 108021

If you look to the right of the rx., you will see ports 1-3, B, ports 4-6 with B on both ends.

View attachment 108022

Bottom row left to right is ch. 13 and 14 with telemetry on the far right. On the left side of the rx., you will see ch. 7-9, B then 10-12 with B again on both ends. Bottom row left to right is ch's 15 and 16 with S on the end. I do not know why they number the channels in that order. As for the "B's", they are battery ports. However my understanding is 4 batteries can be plugged into this receiver. I don't know why there are 6 "B" ports. It is also my understanding that any "Hott" receiver can be used in conjunction with the GR-32. So in essence another GR-32 can be used to give the radio functionality of a full 32 channels. No S-bus needed. Just bind it with your radio as you normally do and set up channels the way you like. I really love this idea. If I wanted to use a 12 ch. rx., an 8 or even a 4... it does not matter. As long as it is a "Hott" rx., you can design your own system the way you like. This way a rx. can be placed in the main wing with it's own power supply and no wiring between the fuse and wing. A million possibilities.

Thanks for that it is all making a lot more sense, like all the battery ports that is done nicely. The more I learn about it the more I like it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got my balsa wood, lite ply, and birch ply from Nataional balsa. Been in the box for a bit. But looks good. Will need to go through the sheets and weigh them up. The edges look nice and seems to be in order. Now it’s time to start my build!

View attachment 108023 View attachment 108024
Looks like they took the time to package it properly because it is so frustrating when the ends are damaged.