• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Post man left a package of extensions yesterday. Last items needed for the 78" Extra but I get the "feeling" something is still missing :confused:.
Can't quite put my thumb's on it.....

View attachment 108112
pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif
Hmm.... Trying to help you put your thumbs on it. Oh wait...
forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Any chance this is what you are waiting for?

330-ia_4_1_1_1.jpg

impatient-smiley-emoticon.gif

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I had forgotten about Steve Coleman in Portland. He is a really terrific guy and has helped me many times. I Revere him as Tony's mouthpiece in America. LOL. Get a hold of him and I would bet he will also be able to help you.

If you are wanting to use just a bell crank with two servos linked together, I have exactly what you are looking for. It is a real nice aluminum tray for two standard size servos that would be connected together then the Bell crank. If you want it, it is yours free of charge. I will see if I can find a photo and post it.
Finally found the photo I was searching for. If you need this Ace, let me know. As I said, it's yours for the taking. Or for that matter, if you don't need/want it...anyone else is welcome to it. I will never use it.
20180429_185658.jpg 20180429_185704.jpg 20180429_185727.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
You get it at Motion RC. It is the Freewing twin 70mm Su-35. It runs on a 6s 3300-5000 mah battery. 8 channels required for full thrust vectoring capability. It is $359 Pnp with free shipping. I will hopefully have the gone flying post later today with pics from the maiden.

Close but no. I do wish mine was at that point of assembly though ;)

View attachment 108122

Well I say that is awesome. Both of you fellas.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I was taking a break in my office when I see the wife pull in, she was suppose to be out shopping. As she was getting out of her car I can see she is as giddy as an ole French hen. So I go out to aid in unloading what ever piece of **** has found at a thrift store today, it is amazing at how much stuff has been bought and just thrown away, but it makes her happy. Anyway, she pop's the rear hatch, I see this weird looking kinda table and ask, "so where ya want this freaky thing". To my surprise she says it is for you and of course I am thinking I don't need any more junk, but it turn's out she has come across a mint old style sewing machine. I have been wanting one for a number of years but they are usually junk or the price is as if it is a priceless antique. This thing has been well taken care of as noted by how well it run's, how little everything is wore, and a replaced table for just 35 bucks. Woo Hoo! Do I have a great wife or what!!!! By the way she also bought the PAU Ultimate for me....

Attachments

• P1090210.JPG
    P1090210.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 222

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I was taking a break in my office when I see the wife pull in, she was suppose to be out shopping. As she was getting out of her car I can see she is as giddy as an ole French hen. So I go out to aid in unloading what ever piece of **** has found at a thrift store today, it is amazing at how much stuff has been bought and just thrown away, but it makes her happy. Anyway, she pop's the rear hatch, I see this weird looking kinda table and ask, "so where ya want this freaky thing". To my surprise she says it is for you and of course I am thinking I don't need any more junk, but it turn's out she has come across a mint old style sewing machine. I have been wanting one for a number of years but they are usually junk or the price is as if it is a priceless antique. This thing has been well taken care of as noted by how well it run's, how little everything is wore, and a replaced table for just 35 bucks. Woo Hoo! Do I have a great wife or what!!!! By the way she also bought the PAU Ultimate for me....
That's so awesome. She is a true Peach for sure. Say...., she have any single sisters?
wink-and-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ok what gives with the picture.

Won't have "my thumbs on it" until the end of March. And of course I had to wait for the fuse, wait for a servo too.
Seems like whenever I want something good it's going to take awhile :face-palm:.
Bottom line.....I don't mind waiting. Gives me something to look forward to and of course top notch RC goodies are worth the wait.
One thing I found out about the iX12 booting up is.....

Once powered up and booted, for a flying session, is that you don't turn off the radio after each flight. You tap the start button once to put the system in "sleep" mode. Tap it again or touch the screen to instantly "wake" it for your next flight. Very much like your lap top computers or smartphones. I do imagine that the radio will need to be fully charged between each time you go out flying.

Last edited: