• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Your Package Arrived Smashed!!

Mikeq

150cc
I've had my share of damaged stuff delivered by UPS... Had to go to pick up my last plane from the hub and Chief said to check for damage before signing and everything looked good from the outside until I got it home and found where a forklift did a number on the cowl...Oh well my mistake and I just ordered a new cowl...lesson learned and next time I will do a better job inspecting before I sign...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I've had my share of damaged stuff delivered by UPS... Had to go to pick up my last plane from the hub and Chief said to check for damage before signing and everything looked good from the outside until I got it home and found where a forklift did a number on the cowl...Oh well my mistake and I just ordered a new cowl...lesson learned and next time I will do a better job inspecting before I sign...
Yikes.... Not good. Last time I had a damaged shipment, I made sure the UPS driver stuck around to "WATCH" me open the package. I think he was....um...Pi&%^ed when I called Tower to complain. LOL

Many, many moons ago I worked for the USPS. We tried to take care of stuff, and most of the time did an all right job. But everyone has bad days, and there are bad individuals and there is bad luck. For example, one day I had just loaded a truck with about 6 cubic yards of parcels for delivery when one more arrived to go one the truck. It was about 50 lbs of iron castings in a burlap sack, with a high dollar set of stamps on it indicating that it had high delivery priority. My choice - unload the truck and start over with this heavy POS on the bottom, or put it on top of the most durable looking packages. Stuff like that happens to all the carriers, and much of the time it turns out OK, but there are exceptions.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Many, many moons ago I worked for the USPS. We tried to take care of stuff, and most of the time did an all right job. But everyone has bad days, and there are bad individuals and there is bad luck. For example, one day I had just loaded a truck with about 6 cubic yards of parcels for delivery when one more arrived to go one the truck. It was about 50 lbs of iron castings in a burlap sack, with a high dollar set of stamps on it indicating that it had high delivery priority. My choice - unload the truck and start over with this heavy POS on the bottom, or put it on top of the most durable looking packages. Stuff like that happens to all the carriers, and much of the time it turns out OK, but there are exceptions.
"The most durable "LOOKING" packages? Hey Mike, that is why your cowl was crushed. LOL....Just kidding CAT.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I used to get monthly software updates sent to me through FedEx. Twice the FedEx guy snapped the disk in half folding the envelope to put it in the mail slot instead of coming in the building. The last straw was when they never delivered it one month at all, and the software company billed me the $200 monthly fee anyway. FedEx said they tried to deliver it and we weren't there which wasn't true. I asked if we weren't there why was there no notice on the door saying they were. I told the software company if they sent me anything else through FedEx I would not accept it.

camss69

70cc twin V2
Every giant scale plane I've ordered I have picked up from the terminal rather than letting them make another trip out to my house. I figure saving that last trip is just one less chance for damage and I usually get it a day or two sooner than the scheduled delivery date. It also saves me from having to make arrangements to be home during delivery times and wait on a guy all day to show up. I track it online and as soon as I see its at the local terminal I call and arrange for pickup at the terminal. All of them I've ever picked up except one are about an hour from my house.

So for guys ordering from Extreme Flight and have a plane coming Saia. The last plane I ordered that I picked up from Saia I found out that you can have it delivered to the Saia terminal for pickup and get the "ship to business" discount. Just have EF ship it to the terminal instead of your house. Before I was having it shipped to my house, paying the extra for residential and then making the two hour round trip to pick it up at the terminal anyway. Kind of a double whammy but we all know what we would do to get our planes a day or two early.

Last edited:

camss69

70cc twin V2
Sorry double post..gotta get my post count up to get off 15cc anyway.. Bigger flys better..

The last prop I ordered from Falcon came USPS in one of those triangle tubes... It was so smashed up I couldn't believe it, the carrier must have been laughing it was so bad, but somehow the prop was perfect..

Last edited:
If you want to see something funny about The US postal service , look at this tracking number 9405511899561071129003 . Now I agree the the post Office does a dam good job , but some times there is a bit of a delay!

Van 12/7/2014 11:25am

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
I'll always have my airframes shipped to my work. And I'll open each box before I sign. The drivers aren't always happy to hang around, but I don't care. The last frame I bought was an EF 91" Yak. All was well except the cowl. It was smashed.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
This is not what I want to read about today, new charger is supposed to get delivered today! At least a charger isn't very fragile and it's too small of a box to stack heavy stuff on.......right? :ugh: