• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Your Package Arrived Smashed!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Rob sure sounds like it...I like that set up...not familiar with the No Limitz Spinner but he can't go wrong with those Hitec servos... got a lot of airtime myself with Hitec and they have earned my confidence... Never tried Savox ..uh... you can be my guinea pig on those...hehe ...Is he going with the JR tx also?
I myself have been running Hitec exclusively for many years with no problems. I have just been thinking of the Savox because they are pretty amazing from what I hear. He is still staying with his original Hitec Aurora 9 for now. He is about the only one I know of that has not had any issues. He refuses to do any updates on it an lets it be as it is. Can't say that I blame him. If it ain't broke, don't fix it right? I think he is planning a move to a nicer radio in the future though.

Mikeq

150cc
I myself have been running Hitec exclusively for many years with no problems. I have just been thinking of the Savox because they are pretty amazing from what I hear. He is still staying with his original Hitec Aurora 9 for now. He is about the only one I know of that has not had any issues. He refuses to do any updates on it an lets it be as it is. Can't say that I blame him. If it ain't broke, don't fix it right? I think he is planning a move to a nicer radio in the future though.

It's good he hasn't had any issues and not everyone has...I know a few with that Radio and absolutely love it...How long before he gets that damaged wing replaced? Probably took over a week to get the plane from Florida...

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
LOL.......well my EF Extra 300 finally was delivered yesterday afternoon. It was a three week trip; Atlanta to Ft. Worth via Seattle, WA. I was expecting the worse regarding a beat-up package and damaged airframe. The inner fuse box was in pretty good shape but the outer carton was abused. Cowl box was fine. SAIA managed to puncture the double boxed wing carton; just missing both wing roots by a quarter of an inch. The Extra looks to be damage free and it looks like all the hardware is present...........very lucky on this one! Based on this plane I'd say EF does a great job with packaging their product.

Extra Wing Box.JPG

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It's good he hasn't had any issues and not everyone has...I know a few with that Radio and absolutely love it...How long before he gets that damaged wing replaced? Probably took over a week to get the plane from Florida...
Not too sure. Herve said he would call the LHS owner later last night or today with instructions on how to proceed. I just hope it's not too long of a wait and the damage claim issue is resolved quickly.

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
They got me too last week :(
Plane was shipped one off from China to the distributor, then sent 2 day UPS to my house so a review and cover shot could be done for when the press release came out next month and the shipment arrived. They probably have more in the shipping than a new kit will cost (and its 60cc so its not small)
UPS mangled the fuselage.

camss69

70cc twin V2
LOL.......well my EF Extra 300 finally was delivered yesterday afternoon. It was a three week trip; Atlanta to Ft. Worth via Seattle, WA. I was expecting the worse regarding a beat-up package and damaged airframe. The inner fuse box was in pretty good shape but the outer carton was abused. Cowl box was fine. SAIA managed to puncture the double boxed wing carton; just missing both wing roots by a quarter of an inch. The Extra looks to be damage free and it looks like all the hardware is present...........very lucky on this one! Based on this plane I'd say EF does a great job with packaging their product.

View attachment 5977

Dang! That one looks bad from the outside... Glad it's all in one piece..

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Wow!!

I was driving up to the local hub here....you can see the parking lot a ways back before you turn into the driveway, I observed a truck in the lot with packages flying out the back door, as I drove up the driveway, the UPS guy started carrying the packages out of the truck instead of tossing them out the back door

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
I have had the best luck with the USPS with just about everything. If you ship priority you get it in 3 days max usually and usually* the boxes are in pretty good shape. USPS also seem the cheapest when it comes to smaller items. It totally ticks me off when UPS says "attempted delivery customer not home" when I'm home waiting for the fricken thing, they've done that to me on more than one occasion....

Lazy driver!!....didn't even attempt to deliver it I bet.

I had fedex tell me " could not locate address" They had delivered hundreds of pounds of sign and graphic material previously tho!!! That's just lazy there!!