• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ZDZ180B2-J champion

Spats

100cc
20150922_133406_resized_1.jpg
20150922_161816_resized_1.jpg
Strength is not an issue as Terry say's as long as you use fender washers. I also drill a 1/8" hole next to the engine bolt hole and epoxy a dowel in it to keep the wood from crushing under pressure from tightening the bolts. I have also found the engine has a better atmospheric pressure with the carb in the fuse so transition is smooth.

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
I have some questions about the rear carb. An engine this size does it weaken the firewall cutting a hole that size for the carb? Are you guys cutting holes in the fuselage for needle adjustment?
Yes you do have to cut a hole in the firewall. Yes @Terryscustoms and @Spats are right on with using the fender washers and the dowl trick. In my opinion you should be doing that to any motor. My wife was out back helping me toon and she actually commented on how nice it is that I am very clear of the prop as I am tooning it. Unlike bottom carbs where your hand has to be right next to the prop, with the rear carb your hand is at a safer distance from the prop.

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
There was a guy on the other site years ago when the Super 80 came out and he tested pipes and the power output was incredible on that particular size engine.
I had one on a Pitts muffler in a Wildhare 40% Giles and it was also unreal power.

I bet that was **** Hansen out of Utah. He was the person that first introduced me to ZDZ and he did a ton of testing. These motors have incredible power with both tuned pipes and Pitts mufflers.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It's actually quite different. With the 112 you are 8-10" from the prop. I hated the thought of drilling holes in the top of the cowl but I installed staws that aim the screwdriver at the needles which makes it stuper easy.

Photos please.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp

Second flight of the ZDZ 180 in the Comp Arf yak
Nice!
A lot of people don't like the skin hinge squeal that the non center hinged Comp ARF's make. I always thought it sounded kind of cool myself. I do wish I had a dollar for all the times someone has told me that there is something wrong with my airplane after a flight because of it.;)

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
Nice!
A lot of people don't like the skin hinge squeal that the non center hinged Comp ARF's make. I always thought it sounded kind of cool myself. I do wish I had a dollar for all the times someone has told me that there is something wrong with my airplane after a flight because of it.;)

The reason I love the old comp-arf. It is funny how many people come up and say what was that.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
If I could make all my planes do air burnouts, I would!

Started cutting form for my new 180cc bird, I have high expectations for this perdy little monster (the ZDZ180, no my plane or @thelaw)

image004.jpg

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 284
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 276
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 290