• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

JasonMcD

30cc
If I Amy ask a question I am really slow at building and I use wood as much as possible so things take a little time. Hopefully you are not loosing interest. Or should I just post bigger changes and advancements to much detail.

I get an hour in the shop a week if I’m lucky, I’ll stick around and patiently wait for updates. I like your style of writing and the pics you post.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got one side sheeted, the balsa wood is so hard it just did not want conform the the ribs had to put a lot of weight on the stabilizer thought it would collapse but it did not so just have weight and see when it is dry. Thinking of replacing the wood sheeting but it is hard to get decent balsa now days so went with what was supplied.

Got the second S1 glued to the end of the stabilizer.

FE7A09EA-354F-4744-B7D5-D9A10C0E2025.jpeg
CE779762-A6F7-4773-AF17-EDEA562720F4.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
43BD8422-57C6-4508-BBE2-6816F53963B6.jpeg
The elevator is not going as planned after struggling for quite a while and trying to get the leading edge of the elevator square to the ribs and glue in 5 parts that make up the counter balance straight and square to the end of the stabilizer well I just could not get it done . So cut the elevator free from the stabilizer and will do it my way. So start over on the elevator. It is taking me longer to build half a stabilizer than it takes to build an ARF.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Balsa has a hard time arguing with 2"x3" weights. Mine are 6" long and need to be careful where they are used.
It is not often that I use that size block but the balsa that came with the plane I needed it to hold everything down and flat. But yes I learned a long time back to build of a glass plate and have never looked back it is the way I’m able to build flat and true.