• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112” - Taylorcraft by HeyLuc & Snoopy.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I am glad to tell you heyluc has several but only had the opportunity to hear one and I must say it is pretty good.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_5012.jpeg
Ok we are starting to make some progress, well I should say heyluc is making progress this is the first of 34 sheets that will be cut. We have booth been buying parts, plywood , batteries and all kind of stuff for the build. It is starting to feel like we are going to build a plane now.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It has been raining for the last couple of days So some time to do some building on the plane. The square blanks for the firewall have been cut. So 2 layers of carbon cloth about 6 oz has been laid up on the plywood. It’s under vacuum to get the best adhesion with minimum epoxy. Will see how it looks in few hours.
IMG_0050.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That looks to be a rather large piece, are there 4 pieces?
It’s four pieces with carbon on one side of each. then 2 of the pieces will be glued together to make one firewal, so you end up with a carbon layer on the inside and on the out side. They still need to be cut to shape to fit the cowl and plane.

BalsaDust

It has been raining for the last couple of days So some time to do some building on the plane. The square blanks for the firewall have been cut. So 2 layers of carbon cloth about 6 oz has been laid up on the plywood. It’s under vacuum to get the best adhesion with minimum epoxy. Will see how it looks in few hours.View attachment 121408
Look forward to seeing how this looks out of the bag. I reckon it should look similar to the stuff EF uses in their airframes now though they don't use Carbon Fiber. Instead they just use fiberglass and tint the resin black as it just looks better.