• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112” - Taylorcraft by HeyLuc & Snoopy.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
DA120? I just got mine back from service and have to reinstall the mufflers. I HATE mufflers. Your canisters and headers make me think about changing over. All of my planes for the last 15 plus years are canister other than my Yak.
canisters are nice but expensive and a lot of work to install properly. Just mufflers are ok at times or certain conditions but yes if possible I will install canisters. The only part that I really dislike about canisters is the amount of heat they generate inside the fuselage.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well boys it is coming to an end soon. All the building is done. Just have to install all the electrical stuff. Set the strut lengths. Run the engine to see if everything is working. Then install the cowl and she will be done.

IMG_0136.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The ignition, IBec, fuel tubing and throttle servo are in and working. Voltage set for the ignition At 5.3 volts for DA. Engine temperature sensor installed and setup to alarm at 135 C. See if it goes off.
Making extension for the throttle , ignition and temperature sensor. Always make my own they need to the correct length not to long no extra wire anywhere.
IMG_0137.jpeg

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well that is the last of the extensions they are for the ailerons And flaps. Must let you know my new crimping tool is so much better than the old one I had.
IMG_0139.jpeg
It’s the one in the picture with the orange handles.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well all the radio gear is in and all the servos connected to the receiver. Ignition down the one side and all the control stuff down the other. Quit a lot of work when you have make sure that everything is tied up enough to not come in contact with the exhaust system. This has not been an easy plane to install equipment into. It’s big but it is not, the 2 exhaust systems take up a lot of space.
The picture for some reason does not look like the wiring is neat but trust it is.
All that needs to be done is to setup the radio and all the mixing, exp, travel and what ever else.

IMG_0140.jpeg

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well the build is almost done and looking at the start date it has taken me from concept of making the drawings to finished plane one year. I have one more large plane to build do not know what type of plane but I need a plane that will fit a KOLM - 150 Three cylinder.
IMG_0099.jpeg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
That engine is a beauty!

For the wiring, I dont see any strain relief for the bundles. I would consider adding something to anchor the wire bundles on the frame closest to the inputs. I just foresee the weight of the bundles wanting to creep and pull the plugs off the pins.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That engine is a beauty!

For the wiring, I dont see any strain relief for the bundles. I would consider adding something to anchor the wire bundles on the frame closest to the inputs. I just foresee the weight of the bundles wanting to creep and pull the plugs off the pins.
You cannot see it but all the wires are supported on the sides of the fuselage as they deflect down into the fuselage, yes you are correct from the picture it does look bad. But I will have another look and make some changes if necessary.