• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112” - Taylorcraft by HeyLuc & Snoopy.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm going to hand it to you guys. been quite persistent in building this plane and it sure doesn't feel like it's been a year! Persistence and teamwork pays off!

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well the build is almost done and looking at the start date it has taken me from concept of making the drawings to finished plane one year. I have one more large plane to build do not know what type of plane but I need a plane that will fit a KOLM - 150 Three cylinder.
View attachment 122486

That’s the way to do it. Buy the engine first, then figure out the plane.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm going to hand it to you guys. been quite persistent in building this plane and it sure doesn't feel like it's been a year! Persistence and teamwork pays off!
Luc has not said much once we finished cutting the basic parts, he is mostly on Rcscale. He went full out on building the plane and was done in late 2023. Were I started really building late November, just collecting parts preparing for the build. I like building over the winter.
Yes Tony I agree with you a P51 would be the perfect plane to build. Played with war birds 20 years ago and it was not easy and a lot of work. Landing gear is a continuous job. The main reason is war birds are not a plane that you take to the field often everything has to be perfect. And if retracts do not work properly and landing on the belly and striking the prop I would not be happy. Spent to much money on the engine and I want to enjoy flying it a LOT and listening to the sound of the engine, want to wear it out. So looking for a nice quick sport plane. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The last final details are done pin striping is done. Just have to run the engine set the ideal and then install the cowl properly and test fly the plane.

That is it DONE.

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT, HELP AND SUGGESTIONS.

D8293CAF-A50A-4269-9064-0B1AC5703143.jpeg
9E0663C6-CBA0-4EDF-9D51-EB0A9A002CE7.jpeg

Last edited: