• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112” - Taylorcraft by HeyLuc & Snoopy.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Tony, read along on this thread I started. I still need to get back on this and finish it up so I can share the files for anyone who would like to build one. It may not be the correct way of doing things but it's what works for me.

Find the patience. It's worth it once you learn it. I will not go back to AutoCAD for airplane design's again.
Is there a book for fusion like quick reference or fusion for dummies. Some if look for a command you can look it up in the book and get help. Instead of wondering around in the dark.
And yes I did follow your demo on cad drawing a plane it was good.

BalsaDust

Is there a book for fusion like quick reference or fusion for dummies. Some if look for a command you can look it up in the book and get help. Instead of wondering around in the dark.
And yes I did follow your demo on cad drawing a plane it was good.
If you search Fusion 360 for beginners on Amazon there are a few options. Not sure how good an of them are though. For me I had been learning Inventor for work so I was able to self teach myself Fusion.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
2A7BCE21-71E1-439D-8BCC-75F8DEA38D7C.jpeg
Ok the 3D printed part and balsa part have been glued and glassed together. Then puttied several times until everything is blended properly. Now it will be primed with a 2K primer and worked on until is ready to be used as a plug.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hopefully soon we be will back at it. But at the moment flying weather is great and making the best of it.
Only news is all the parts have been cut. Now we have to separate them, identify them and clean up all the little tabs that hold the parts in place. Will get a picture of that when it is done.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The weather has not been good the last couple of days we spent a few hours separating the parts from the plywood sheets. Luc had some time the other day and dry fitted some of the parts to see how it all looks. The picture is showing front end without any glue just pressed together.
90B5B25B-3DA4-4424-8DA7-D3C8880CF442.png

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well Luc has started building like he is on a mission. One thing I cannot believe how wide the plane is. One thing is the way Luc has designed the plane it just falling together and it is straight and square, not going to be difficult to build.
4D4FB64A-CCDF-4938-95B8-403B077C09AD.jpeg

TonyHallo

150cc
Many years ago I purchased 3 4'x8'x1/8" sheets from a local lumber yard. This was back in the Hurley Extra days, still have 1/2 sheet left. It was nice quality as well.