• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 30% Edge 540 Pete Marshall Plans with Laser Cut Short Kit

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
So did my first little mess up. Easy fix, though. I glued all 4 sides onto the f-5 former when I had already glued the sides onto the side frames. I just took the sides off of the f-5 former so it will slide right into place now. First pic is of the screw up. The last 2 pics are the tank floor glued into position.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 306
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 311

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Last work for tonight. Put some triangle stock in the motor box area and epoxied the wing tube plate doublers together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 285
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 302
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
I put in the wing tube doublers into the frame. Then added the back side wing dowl holders.

I am contemplating the best way to glue the fuse sides to the f-1 and f-2 formers. I've had it together about 4 times now trying to think of the best way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 345

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Have you got a wing tube guide or wing tube to hold the halves in place while you align F-1 and F-2 and fuse sides for glue?

The wingspan is 88".

The cowl dimensions should be:
9 1/2" tall
10 7/8" firewall to front
9 3/4" wide

I haven't looked for a cowl yet to know where to get it from. If anyone wants to measure their 50cc Edge cowls from their ARFs for me and tell me what their dimensions are, I would appreciate it greatly!
Thanks for your help.
Don

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I have the wing tube. I don't have the phenolic socket for it yet. I do have the f-5 former to hold it in place?

I would get the phenolic and F-5 former and insert the wing tube so I could check for perpendicular as the glue sets. You can also check parallel of fuse sides and any uneven moments at the tips of the wing tube. This way you know your wings will mount true to datum.