• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobbyshop 106" Edge 540

Yowzilla

50cc
Something I think every kitchen should be equipped with...A BIG Edge.... IMG_6933.JPG

Last night I completed the rudder setup and I think this is one of the best Rudder setups I have done...Also neat and clean...I am happy with it...

[video=youtube;znbdDZgOuEw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znbdDZgOuEw[/video]

IMG_6939.JPGIMG_6940.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
BPS00-3W is hand written on label. I think..see for yourself...Engine building trumps Penmanship

I just called DA direct when out of town and said DA-120 drilled 5" TureTurn back plate....took my address and CC number. When I got back in town it was at the house. I freaked a bit when I saw the part number was BPS00-3W and check fitment as soon as posiable. So don't freak with the 3W in part number....I thought it was for a 3W.

View attachment 32040View attachment 32041View attachment 32042

You could get a BLACK anodized back plate to match a bit better if desired as well, FWIW. They stock the various colors. ;)
I ended up swapping out to a full Tru-turn in red. Just prefer them...as you can see. :p:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2162.JPG
    IMG_2162.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 349
  • IMG_2158.JPG
    IMG_2158.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 369

gyro

GSN Contributor
Something I think every kitchen should be equipped with...A BIG Edge....View attachment 32045

Last night I completed the rudder setup and I think this is one of the best Rudder setups I have done...Also neat and clean...I am happy with it...

[video=youtube;znbdDZgOuEw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znbdDZgOuEw[/video]

View attachment 32043View attachment 32044

Charlie,

It's probably overkill, but I place a small flat washer on the top and button of the removable rudder pin, and for spacing I put one in the middle. This keeps the control arm from having to pinch down on the secraft coupler... Can't tell from the pics if yours are pinching at all.

That rudder servo looks awesome.

-G

Yowzilla

50cc
Thanks for the tip Gary...With these Secraft rear rudder setups you have the choice to space everything out or use both cotter pin holes. The cotter pins are loosey goosey and practically fall out. So I am set up now with two of the cotter pins. With that said, I am getting some squeaking door sounds going on in rudder area. I wonder if it is the phenolic horns that are tapered to use the upper pin hole. I will set up with washers to see if the old house squeaks go away.

Yowzilla

50cc
Finally DONE! This thing is amazing in size. Pictures do it no justice. It truly is an amazing looking aircraft.

I am still playing around on the vinyl locations. I will most likely get a handful of flights before I cover up the clean lines...

IMG_6956.JPGIMG_6965.JPGIMG_6966.JPG

Yowzilla

50cc
Sorry I keep posting but wanted to show you guys the servo extensions I made using the Hansen Hobbies 1x6 and 1x3 connectors. A little work to make but makes it super simple to connect the two servos for Ailerons at once.

The rubber grommets are not shown in picture but are in place on each wing now.....I know someone will catch that...

IMG_6951.JPGIMG_6952.JPGIMG_6953.JPG

Yowzilla

50cc
Yea I did the Bulls on my white 92" with inspiration from Supatims 92 last year. I am not sure if it is just the size or indoor light but the silver stripes pop a lot more and while I will make this my plane at some point I want to live the stock look for a bit.

Yowzilla

50cc
Maiden was a good and uneventful. My CG came in a 5.75" with no fuel so did not move anything around. Some coupling in knife edge. Rolling to right but also felt a little roll to right in level flight so may need to double check Ailerons and elevator matching. Throttle curve was a bit soft so I will sharpen that up...But overall good start to my tuning over next 5 flights.IMG_0013.JPG