• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 41" Edge

Now guys some have said the little plane is twitchy but for me this has been an Ideal trainer plane. Mainly because she is so tough. I have been working on harrier landings and I am now good enough that I can start doing it on my gassers

3DMad5

50cc
I am getting one of these soon! I've got all the electronics ready to go, I just have to get around to ordering the airframe. Hopefully it will turn out to be as good of a 3D trainer for me as everyone else says it is. I just wish 3DHS had the blue/silver schemed ones listed on their website.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive placed an order for one of these (silver and blue), it should be with me on monday. Its is my first 3d plane, first arf, and first balsa. Ive watched the build vids and am printing the manual as i type, I am coming form a heli background, FB and FBL aand from the videos the build looks to be quite straight forward.

the parts for the build are as follows

4 x savox sh-0257mg
60A YGE ESC (16g lighter than the recommennded CC 50 Lite)
Omega 72g motor (with apc 11x5.5)
Futaba R2008SB
2200mah 3s 25c packs (i have them laying around but will be replaced with lighter/smaller packs in the no so distant future).

Are there any tricks or tips you guys have got for the build of this bird?

i finally got her finished and maidened

IMG_20141010_113806.jpg

this is only my 6th or 7th fixed wing flight and first arf build, so theres no 3d (yet) i was just working on gettinng my CG right.

[video=youtube;ACTlMtd58z8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACTlMtd58z8[/video]

6172crew

50cc
I see that the 41" Edge has been discontinued from the esprit hobby website, does anyone know if 3DHS has given up on them, going toward EPP? Id liek to get another one but if they wont be replaced maybe the Slick?