• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 41" Edge

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Well now I really "fixed" the esc timing issue with the motor. I was dumb and soldered a new battery connector on with reverse polarity, was dumber by not double checking it, and was dumbest by plugging a battery into it and cooking my Eflite 40 pro esc. So I'm looking at a shiny new Land Power controller from altitude hobbies on my desk that will go in once I get it soldered up.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well now I really "fixed" the esc timing issue with the motor. I was dumb and soldered a new battery connector on with reverse polarity, was dumber by not double checking it, and was dumbest by plugging a battery into it and cooking my Eflite 40 pro esc. So I'm looking at a shiny new Land Power controller from altitude hobbies on my desk that will go in once I get it soldered up.

Well, that's one way to upgrade your ESC! :)

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
My omega 72g for this plane burned out yesterday. I had the 12x6 prop on with a 2200 mah battery and my timing was set to 20 degrees. Should I run another omega or maybe the hacker? Were my settings maybe too aggressive?

njswede

150cc
Why did you change the timing? It's usually not a good idea. 12x6 is at the very top of the range that motor can handle. I fly (or flew) mine on 11x5.5 and there was no lack of power!

mazjag

50cc
Yeah, I agree with NJ...Most ESCs defaults are for a outrunner and medium timing...I use the 11x5.5 as well..Those Omega motors work well...I have a 47 Osiris I have a Torque and a Omega for...I think the Omega has more power...Almost all my planes are 3DHS and the best thing to do is follow their guidelines...I have never thought a plane needed anything after doing it that way..I know some guys fly it on lighter packs, but I like it on a 2200ma...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Why did you change the timing? It's usually not a good idea. 12x6 is at the very top of the range that motor can handle. I fly (or flew) mine on 11x5.5 and there was no lack of power!

I'm a tinkerer I guess. I wanted to see what would happen and now I know. Lol

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
I used 11x5.5 for a bit too but I preferred the feel of the 12x6 if that makes sense. My LHS regularly stocks 12x6 but I always had to have them order me 11x5.5 too. So it was a convenience thing as well.