• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 46'' AJ yak 55

Could anyone give me some thoughts and or opinions on which power system to use for this little bugger? I have a few 3s 2200 lipos and a 45a ZTW esc that are constantly nagging me to get them in the air so I'm leaning toward a 103g Omega and 13x6.5 prop. Is the punch out pretty strong with this setup or would I be better going with the 130g Omega?

wedoitall

so just how violent can this plane do manuveurs. im still a 3d noob, but i like to fly pretty wild and violent when im up high. im gonna get one in the next few weeks.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
It can be a vary wild machine. It will do any 3d maneuver you can think of with the sfg on. without the sfg it will not 3d, but is a vary precise plane.

G.P.

70cc twin V2
without the sfg it will not 3d

I've never even bothered to take my SFG's off and try the Yak without them, but I find that hard to believe.

I only have half sized SFG's on mine, and it still does anything and everything very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I still love flying it with and without the sfg, it is like two planes built in one. Wild 3d when I want to or precision practice if I feel like it. The yak has to be my favorite plane.