• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

RotorJockey

70cc twin V2
EdgeCowl.jpgProudest of this!

Wrecked this plane in June, on the maiden flight. Hitec 5245mg on the elevator locked up.

Boxes were in stock, but red cowls have been OOS ever since!

Got tired of waiting, so I ordered a yellow one, taped it off and painted it red, myself!

SnowDog

Fred - I was there and I remember that flight. I didn't realize at the time that the elevator servo locked up! :(

That is an awesome paint job - looks like a stock cowl!

Nicely done.

njswede

150cc
I have my battery all the way against the motor box now or almost since my motor wires keep it from going all the way and I haven't had a problem with the motor box breaking yet nor Velcro problems(not saying it won't happen yet if I keep on with it the same way) but I still have a major tail heavy plane. Ill try what your saying and see how it works...

You'll eventually either wreck the motor box or have a battery come loose (ask me how I know!) if you push the battery all the way forward. There's a simple solution, though! Go to Home Depot or your local paint store and get one of those free wooden paint stirrers. Epoxy it so it runs from the back of the firewall all the way to what's supposed to be the battery area. Put heavy duty velcro on it. Then attach some foam (I use depron) to the side walls of the motor box so the battery fits snugly and tie the battery down with a good quality velcro strap. I haven't had any problems since I made this mod.

If you're interested, I can take some pics!