• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

I did video the other flight, but I haven't uploaded it yet. The focus is slightly off :( I'll try and upload it soon.

That is OK, i'm just teasing you. I forgat to mention that the parachute in the video looks great, long dive and stoping close to the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:

njswede

150cc
I've seen Humberto fly a plane I believe he saved from his shed where the mice had used it as a nest. A plane that according to him "he couldn't get to fly right". He was doing rolling circles 3 ft off the ground and water with it... :)

I've seen Humberto fly a plane I believe he saved from his shed where the mice had used it as a nest. A plane that according to him "he couldn't get to fly right". He was doing rolling circles 3 ft off the ground and water with it... :)

Pontus, tank you for your comments. But after the last rebuilt it is flying great.

Here's my latest flight on the 89. It's about my 4 th flight. It's my first flight with smoke on and I still need to tweak it a little only got 2 mins of smoke. No crazy flying as the pucker factor is still really high for me. I tried to show a hover pull out to see the power but the sky's were pure blue so it's hard to see the movement of the plane but it definitely had a lot of power I'm super happy with the 60 twin. All in all its running perfect and I can't wait till its broken in and I'm comfortable with the plane. I love how it idles so smooth I can get the idle down to 1200-1300 although im leaving the idle in the 1500's for now and it had a max rpm on the ground of 7400. I'm using a xoar 23x8 for now.

http://youtu.be/mJI_R76vJeU

njswede

150cc
Nice smoke, James! Hey, by the way, I know you and Glenn put smoke on your 72s. Would you mind posting a few words on how you did it on the 72 thread? I think smoke in my 72 is going to be my next project!

Nice smoke, James! Hey, by the way, I know you and Glenn put smoke on your 72s. Would you mind posting a few words on how you did it on the 72 thread? I think smoke in my 72 is going to be my next project!
Yea sure ill see if I get a chance tonight ill try to get some pics of my setup also.

joshgluck

100cc
Here's my latest flight on the 89. It's about my 4 th flight. It's my first flight with smoke on and I still need to tweak it a little only got 2 mins of smoke. No crazy flying as the pucker factor is still really high for me. I tried to show a hover pull out to see the power but the sky's were pure blue so it's hard to see the movement of the plane but it definitely had a lot of power I'm super happy with the 60 twin. All in all its running perfect and I can't wait till its broken in and I'm comfortable with the plane. I love how it idles so smooth I can get the idle down to 1200-1300 although im leaving the idle in the 1500's for now and it had a max rpm on the ground of 7400. I'm using a xoar 23x8 for now.

http://youtu.be/mJI_R76vJeU

Landed like a boss!

Btw, who's your cameraman? They need to figure out the focus... ;-)

/\
|
|
|
|
|
Send all videography complaints to this guy lol

But seriously thanks for videoing for me. We gotta get joe smiths mom to give us a lesson how to video planes . Lol