• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

gyro

GSN Contributor
She gave me some pointers that helped a lot. She said to focus on something a bit away, then lock the focus.

joshgluck

100cc
She gave me some pointers that helped a lot. She said to focus on something a bit away, then lock the focus.

That's a really good pointer. I was using my canon 5d which in video mode is manual focus. It's actually the first time I shot video with it. One downside is that capturing at 1080p 30 frames a sec equals a 1.8g mov file so I still need to figure out a better workflow for post prod. James had to strip it down to post to youtube. Also I need a longer lens as that was full zoom. Maybe I'll look at renting one for NJ fli.

James - what did you wind up doing?

Window movie maker. It was simple just opened it up in there and clicked upload to YouTube it automatically processed the vid and reduced it to iirc 400 megs looks like it reduced the quality the original vid looks better.

quadracer

100cc
Lost a wheel and pant about 3/4 through the first tank today. :eek:

My brother saved the day (and my gear, possibly more...) when he said "pop it into a hover, I'll catch it!" I said OK, and it worked like a dream. Dwight Clark ain't got **** on him, there's a new Immaculate Reception in the books! LOL

gyro

GSN Contributor
Lost a wheel and pant about 3/4 through the first tank today. :eek:

My brother saved the day (and my gear, possibly more...) when he said "pop it into a hover, I'll catch it!" I said OK, and it worked like a dream. Dwight Clark ain't got **** on him, there's a new Immaculate Reception in the books! LOL

Nice save! I got really scared when that happened to me at FLI Dallas, but luckily it was a grass field and I held that side up till the last second.

Glad you made out ok!

-G

blue slick a.jpgblue slick h.jpgMy blue Slick had been stored in my shed for over a year, I was going to throw it in the trash, but it used to fly so good that my conscience told me not to trash it.
With whatever is left I'm going to start rebuilding it.
So far i have the motor box, portion of the fuselage, a lot of small broquen pieces an a place to do it.:)

Cmala

70cc twin V2
View attachment 8816View attachment 8817My blue Slick had been stored in my shed for over a year, I was going to throw it in the trash, but it used to fly so good that my conscience told me not to trash it.
So far i have the motor box, portion of the fuselage, a lot of small broquen pieces an a place to do it.:)

That's more than I have.

Once you get started it will become easier

gyro

GSN Contributor
View attachment 8816View attachment 8817My blue Slick had been stored in my shed for over a year, I was going to throw it in the trash, but it used to fly so good that my conscience told me not to trash it.

I've seen your repairs, if anyone can do it, you can!

Did you finish the 103 you were fixing?