• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" Edge 540

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyro

GSN Contributor
First video of my 92" Edge... watch in 1080p

[video=youtube_share;pIvYA0f68Fo]http://youtu.be/pIvYA0f68Fo[/video]

ronelzy

New to GSN!
sorry wrong thread , great build thread btw,that GP 61 looks like a winner

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt, any chance you have a 24x10th I could borrow to gather some test data?.

When we get burried in snow I can send you a shipment from my prop box for testing. I am down to my last 24x10TH and they are OTS. I also have these props for 60cc so pick your poison

Mejzlik:
24x10TH
24x10
24x8 evo

Falcon
24x8
24x9
24x10

Xoar wood:
23x10
23x12
24x8
25 3DA

gyro

GSN Contributor
When we get burried in snow I can send you a shipment from my prop box for testing. I am down to my last 24x10TH and they are OTS. I also have these props for 60cc so pick your poison

Mejzlik:
24x10TH
24x10
24x8 evo

Falcon
24x8
24x9
24x10

Xoar wood:
23x10
23x12
24x8
25 3DA

sounds like a plan, thanks!. The Mej 24x10TH, Falcon 24x9 & 24x10, and Xoar 23x12 seem like the most appropriate contenders.

3DRAT

30cc
I tested the white one i built with a DL55 & still had good grunt, BTW vid looks great nice flying

hosam

70cc twin V2
that white seems to get lost with the clouds in the back... how difficult was it to see in real person?

gyro

GSN Contributor
that white seems to get lost with the clouds in the back... how difficult was it to see in real person?

Well, I fly pretty high, and rather far from the field for some of my high energy dives and such, so as the plane gets father away, it was a little tricky.
I'm adding a few more stripes to the bottom wing, and some red letters to the upper wing just to help a little.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yeah very nice looking airplane Gary, planning on getting one myself. Looking to run a 70 twin though and can't decide if I want to run a 2 into 1 header with 1 tuned pipe or the typical twin setup of 2 tuned pipes. Do you mind measuring the width of the pipe tunnel for me so I have an idea if it is even possible to fit 2 tuned pipes in there?

I would just run stock mufflers but my field has a noise restriction so that rules out that option.

Thanks,

Neil

Neil, haven't forgotten about you. I at least got the plane up into my office :) Please give me another couple days before I can get the cowl off.

neil4

New to GSN!
Neil, haven't forgotten about you. I at least got the plane up into my office :) Please give me another couple days before I can get the cowl off.
Haha no problem Gary, I appreciate you taking the time to get the measurements for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.