• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3rd Annual RC Today Show Fun Fly: November 22: Bryan, TX

Bobby Barr

New to GSN!
Join the RC Today Show crew for the 3rd Annual RCTS Fun Fly!

Make plans now for a day of fun at the 3rd Annual RCTS Fun Fly! It’s a “fly what you bring” type of event, with something for everyone. We’ll have prizes and goodie bags to give away, as well as lunch for participants. Be sure and plan to stay for night flying too!

* WHEN: November 22, 2014

* WHERE: Brazos Valley Radio Control Field, Bryan TX (30.751315,‐96.31245)

* WHAT: Anything that flies or drives!

* DETAILS: $20 “landing fee” gets you lunch and enters you for the pilot drawing. Additional raffle tickets will be available to purchase at the event. Proof of AMA required. RVs and travel trailers welcome. Register online at RCFlightDeck.com

Email bobby@rctodayshow.com if you wish to be a sponsor or provide a giveaway item.
RCTSFunFly.jpg

Updated info from Bobby's post #16:

Open flying all day on Friday, November 21st & Sunday, November 23rd.

There will be open flying all day for multirotor and FPV. This section is adjacent to the main flight line so it is still all incorporated. Their will be an obstacle course as well as a dedicated FPV course.

5 Helicopter flight stations will be open during the "Helicopter" time interval, then will be the "airplane" flight interval.

Numerous prizes will be given away including:

Plug and Play DT520 Helicopter complete with iKon Flybarless controller and HobbyWing ESC
Redwing 30cc 76" Extra SC Airplane
Hitec Stuntmaster Airplane
Pulse Batteries
Quantum Motors
HobbyWing ESCs
Scorpion products
Complete Hobby Wireless FPV system
and much more.

Night fly raffle as well. 2 construction light towers on one side of the field, other side left dark for flying with LED lights.

Some ideas for hotels are:

Best Western Premier Old Town Center
1920 Austins Colony Pkwy
Bryan, TX 77802
(979)731-5300

Value Place Hotel
620 N Earl Rudder Fwy
Bryan, TX 77802
(979)485-9888

Quality Inn & Suites
1027 N Earl Rudder Fwy
Bryan, TX 77803
(979) 703-8979

LaSalle Hotel
120 S Main St
Bryan, TX 77803
(979)822-2000

University Inn
2300 Texas Ave
Bryan, TX 77802
(979)703-7989

Some of the online hotel booking sites will likely give you better rates.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeyXYZ

New to GSN!
wow this is cool. an event that is close enough for me to attend. it says on the first post you can bring anything?

HeyXYZ

New to GSN!
Should be a good one! I hear those guys put in good events!

im slowly learning 3d. the rctoday show are they mainly a 3d type of group? i'd like to attend but im not a 3d pilot yet. i guess i could go and learn something

gyro

GSN Contributor
im slowly learning 3d. the rctoday show are they mainly a 3d type of group? i'd like to attend but im not a 3d pilot yet. i guess i could go and learn something

its a regular fun fly. there will be ALL types flying, from multi rotor, to sport, to heli.

Come and fly, the RCTS guys would love to have you as their guest.

Right @Bobby Barr and @JustPlaneChris?

Bobby Barr

New to GSN!
I look forward to having all of you guys at the event. We welcome all aircraft. Friday the flying will be open all day and night without set intervals unless they are needed. The official event will be Saturday where we will have three alternating groups: helicopters, pattern & 3D. All aircraft will be allowed during the pattern flying as long as they fly in the pattern. Multirotors will have a dedicated spot off to the right of the flight line that will be open the entire time.

The length of each interval will be determined to spread the flying evenly as best we can.

Be sure to prepare to stay for the night flying as well.