• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3rd Annual RC Today Show Fun Fly: November 22: Bryan, TX

Bobby Barr

New to GSN!
We're now less than two weeks away. If anyone has any questions please let me know. For some reason I'm unable to edit my first post, so the updated information is here.

Open flying all day on Friday, November 21st & Sunday, November 23rd.

There will be open flying all day for multirotor and FPV. This section is adjacent to the main flight line so it is still all incorporated. Their will be an obstacle course as well as a dedicated FPV course.

5 Helicopter flight stations will be open during the "Helicopter" time interval, then will be the "airplane" flight interval.

Numerous prizes will be given away including:

Plug and Play DT520 Helicopter complete with iKon Flybarless controller and HobbyWing ESC
Redwing 30cc 76" Extra SC Airplane
Hitec Stuntmaster Airplane
Pulse Batteries
Quantum Motors
HobbyWing ESCs
Scorpion products
Complete Hobby Wireless FPV system
and much more.

Night fly raffle as well. 2 construction light towers on one side of the field, other side left dark for flying with LED lights.

Some ideas for hotels are:

Best Western Premier Old Town Center
1920 Austins Colony Pkwy
Bryan, TX 77802
(979)731-5300

Value Place Hotel
620 N Earl Rudder Fwy
Bryan, TX 77802
(979)485-9888

Quality Inn & Suites
1027 N Earl Rudder Fwy
Bryan, TX 77803
(979) 703-8979

LaSalle Hotel
120 S Main St
Bryan, TX 77803
(979)822-2000

University Inn
2300 Texas Ave
Bryan, TX 77802
(979)703-7989

Some of the online hotel booking sites will likely give you better rates.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
@HeyXYZ here is a vid someone did at the Monster Fest / 3DBASH I had here in Eugene.

[video=youtube;PWoVL-SeJLM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWoVL-SeJLM[/video]

You can see night flying and video of the towers we used. We got with a local builder and he donated them through his relationship with a local rental company. The towers really are a blast and extends the flying late into the night!

SnowDog

We're now less than two weeks away. If anyone has any questions please let me know. For some reason I'm unable to edit my first post, so the updated information is here.

Posts cannot be edited after a certain period of time, but I was able to update the post for you. Post#1 now has updated info; let me know if you need any other changes.

:)

Sorry I can't be there to enjoy the event with you folks

Bobby Barr

New to GSN!
IT'S ON...RAIN OR SHINE! All the way through Sunday. :)

I wish I could say that the weather looks to be perfect. Unfortunately that isn't the case. After much discussion we feel the best thing to do is continue forward with the event. It is too late in the year to reschedule. Lets all come out and have a great time anyway. Be sure to bring some aircraft that you don't mind flying in the rain. We'll all walk away having a great time and good stories to tell.

Remember, we have tons of great prizes from our wonderful sponsors. The inclement weather may drastically increase your chances of winning a fabulous prize!

We'll also have new RCTS shirts available for this event. Unfortunately we didn't have any rain coats made up. :(

The field will be open for the RCTS event Friday through Sunday. The weather for Sunday looks good, so plan on staying into Sunday to get some good flying in. We'll be there flying, talking, and possibly even cleaning up from the event.

There is electricity on site. BVRC has a huge generator that is wired into their stationary table. We will make one of these table a "Charging Only" table so that those without generators need not worry.

~Bobby