• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

42" Vyper Bype

gyro

GSN Contributor
Mine wasn't too bad. You have to do the typical mixing to eliminate coupling but that is true with all biplanes. Once that is done, it is as graceful as a butterfly and crazy as a six-year-old on sugar snacks and mountain dew.

I'm building mine this week. :D

I wonder what it'd be like with a Cortex

Well I did some trading and I got my first bipe hope to maiden it this weekend I hope it dont bite me im a little nervous about it:)
any more suggestions greatly appreciated I read the who thread so I think im ready

Komet163

50cc
I talked to 3dhs team pilot Andy about this airplane and he said he is using 25 deg aileron and 35 deg elevator and really likes it.

Bill

Borneoben

New to GSN!
Hey Guys,

New the forum here as its the only place i can find the most information about the Vyper Bype. This models hasnt been as popular as i thought it was going to be. It seems that 3DHS will be dropping it soon?
I'm picking one up from Shannon at Only Fine Helis were working on a deal and is a great guy to deal with.

Now i know its almost sacrilege but i have been trying to put together a budget electronics package for this plane as i cant stretch to the recommended Hacker motor and
Castle ESC.
I was also looking for budget servos but decided that that wasnt a good idea, after allot of lecturing from my friends, and i am now going with the recommended HS85mgs. But only because i got a good deal on them.
I will be using a NTM 42-38 750kv / 785w, a YEP 60amp esc, 14x7 prop
I will also be using 4s 2200 which i am worried will be a little lite but those are the batteries i have.

I will also be experimenting with a Guardian Gyro in this plane. I have messed with one along time ago but i want to try it again and i buddy sold me one cheap!

Do you guys have any recommendations on how to set this up as more of a gentle 3D flyer as opposed to the extreme 3D flyer i think it is?
Should i stick to the recommended CG or move it forward a little?

I like to have my 68inch Velox set to feel pretty neutral with regards to CG but i am worried that the Bype will be a little to skittish for me?

Any other recommendations and tricks that i should know about before building her and the maiden flight?

let me know your thoughts

Cheers

Ben

I have about 50 flights on mine. and other than it's twichy. it respons quickly. i just dial the rates down a bit for me..i fly mine on a E-Flite power 52 on 4 cells..

jk6672

30cc
I talked to 3dhs team pilot Andy about this airplane and he said he is using 25 deg aileron and 35 deg elevator and really likes it.

Bill

Is this the coupling mix for KE? I've never been able to do nice long KE passes because I can't get a proper mix. I struggle.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Is this the coupling mix for KE? I've never been able to do nice long KE passes because I can't get a proper mix. I struggle.

I believe that post is talking about throw vs. a mix.

How are you approaching your mixing?