• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The hatch is sanded. I've also included a picture of the inside.
20141129_213042_resized.jpg
20141129_212955_resized.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
On a build like this there are times when you can sit back and admire your work, like the hatch. But shortly after that you come back to the reality that you've got a lot left to do. One of those things left to do is the cowl. I haven't liked this cowl since I got it, and the more I look at it, the more I realize I need to make some modification to it if I'm going to make it work. And when you add in the fact that I miscalculated the distance from the firewall to the end of the cowl, that leaves even more to fix.

I'm going to need to space the cowl out a little and add a balsa filler around the front of the fuse. There is also a spot at the bottom of the cowl, that the shape doesn't quite match the fuse shape that I want to deal with. There are also some flaws in the shape from the mold.

20141129_223405_resized.jpg 20141129_223414_resized.jpg 20141129_223424_resized.jpg

BalsaDust

Is there any way you can put smaller standoffs on the motor so it doesn't stick out as far?
Looks killer by the way.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Is there any way you can put smaller standoffs on the motor so it doesn't stick out as far?
Looks killer by the way.
I considered that earlier, but it would also push the tuned pipe back and cause all sorts of problems there. So, I'll space out the cowl and build a filler to make up the gap. It shouldn't be too difficult.

BalsaDust

Gotcha makes since. Forgot that you had said you would be running a pipe on it. Carry on with the amazing work though.