• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks amazing!

Have you mocked up a scheme yet?

Are you going to close up the front of the cowl?
Yes, it will get a dummy radial. As for the scheme this one is still one of my top choices, but I change my mind all the time.

downloadfile-4.jpeg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Last night I fuel proofed the servo tray and the area under it. The pipe ends right there so I figured better safe than sorry. After that I worked on installing some hatches made from louver panels so I can get to the outer landing gear bolts. Getting them located in a place where there weren't any stringers in the way was the hardest part. Once I found, the spot I cut the hole and added some 1/16" plywood around the inside edge for the screws to go into. I didn't have the right screws for the job, so I ordered some #1 stainless screws today from Trimcraft Aviation RC. I buy a lot of stainless screws from them. The are good quality and the price is hard to beat.

20150505_202402_resized.jpg
20150504_212305_resized.jpg
20150504_213226_resized.jpg
20150504_224046_resized.jpg