• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I closed the shop and stayed home today because of "Icemageddon". I got the rudder hinges glued in along with installing the tail wheel for the last time and mounted the horns and the steering tiller. I wasted over an hour looking for the tiller.:mad:

I apologize for the bad pictures Ive been posting. I just can't take a good picture here in my workshop. I even used my best camera for these and they look as bad as my cell phone pics I usually take.:(

View attachment 92768 View attachment 92769 View attachment 92770
I dunno...they look pretty good to me. I mean, the subject of the photo is what matters right? I must say, that is one awesome subject.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Had to look at the pictures of the plane again sure looks nice and man did you get that white strip straight down the fuselage and across to the rudder. Nice job with angle you took that picture you can't hide a thing. Nice to see it fly.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I got a little work done today. I installed the tail wheel springs, installed the rudder servo and worked on the rudder cables. I had some trouble with the Secraft ball links that came with the HiTec 7956SHR rudder servo. They would not thread on to the turnbuckles, the plastic was too hard. The biggest problem was that they are made for a 3mm bolt and I didn't have any other ball links that would work. Luckily the outside diameter of the balls themselves were the same size as some others I had so I swapped the balls over.

I had bought some new cable for the rudder that turned out to be way too big and the only others I had is a bit small. I used the small stuff anyway, but I'll probably change it.

20170115_173415_resized.jpg
20170115_160155_resized.jpg
20170115_173023_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Last night I finished up the rudder cables and sealed the wood on the front of the fuselage. I had planned to install the engine and throttle servo tonight, but I ended up getting two airframes ready to leave tomorrow to a new owner.
View attachment 92933 View attachment 92934 View attachment 92935
That is one stunning setup. In fact, a very impeccably built plane. I can't see not one flaw. (I'm going to have you start doing all my paint work...k?)

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That is one stunning setup. In fact, a very impeccably built plane. I can't see not one flaw. (I'm going to have you start doing all my paint work...k?)

I agree he should be our designated painter. Remember a while back he painted a spinner for somebody it was absolutely perfect ever since then I have wanted to send him all my spinners.