• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
This one is an couple year old 9020 non PowerSafe.
I'm glad you mentioned that since I was just about to order a new PowerSafe for my Hangar 9 Extra 300X.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I've been trying to tame a bunch of unruly snakes here lately. Also known as plumbing and wiring this thing. I'm making some headway, but as much as I like my Duralite A123's, I could do without 4 leads coming out of each battery, it makes it hard to make things look neat.;)

My new wing tube came Friday. I got it from a place called Clearwater Composites. It's a tad on the small side, but I'll wrap it with a piece of clear package tape. I did that on my Pilot Edge and it's worked great for over three years. Plus, I can make the fit just perfect so I don't have to struggle to get it in.:)

20170305_152926_resized.jpg
20170305_153002_resized.jpg
20170305_203739_resized.jpg
20170305_203746_resized.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It takes time and patience to make it look good, and I must say yours is looking good and neat. Getting there slowly.
The spark switch in the plane is that instead of a T/A ibec . Or how is being used just interested.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The spark switch in the plane is that instead of a T/A ibec
Yes, because I already had it. The SparkSwitch, batteries and receiver were out of my Carf Extra that I just sold.

This is the Frankenstein of airplanes. Wings and stabs rebuilt and modified from an Aeroworks Yak 54. Engine, tuned pipe and servos from my Aerowrks Extra 300 that I sold and SparkSwitch, batteries and receiver were out of my Carf Extra.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well she's back on her legs. Some how I managed to drop a bolt for the landing gear between the outer fuselage and the pipe tunnel and it has totally disappeared. I'm sure I will find it the hard way some time. ;)

Pipe is in, I hope it's in for good, it's a real pain.:oblong:

20170307_205016_resized.jpg
20170307_213413_resized.jpg
20170307_223545_resized.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member