• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Extra 300 EXP

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Stock setup torque airboss hitecs thanks dude I'll setup as per instructions

Tim,
its a pretty straight forward setup, get the esc as far back under the battery tray as possible to allow for cg adjustment if using bigger batteries.

Need dubro long arms as well, in case the plane isn't already setup with em. Xoar 15x8 prop on the torque V1 motor and/or 16x8 if you want on the torque V2 motor depending on lipo and power needs!

Feral

Cheers bud I got it plug and fly with 3 3300 nanotechs cc bec torquev1 airboss and 15x8 xoar on my way back home from the lhs had to get the dubro arms and pack connectors the weather sucks up ere at the moment I'll set her up today and maiden her in the morning :):):):)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Cheers bud I got it plug and fly with 3 3300 nanotechs cc bec torquev1 airboss and 15x8 xoar on my way back home from the lhs had to get the dubro arms and pack connectors the weather sucks up ere at the moment I'll set her up today and maiden her in the morning :):):):)

Way to go! It'll make a great hangar-mate for the 70" you're getting!

Feral

Yeah mate I swapped my funtana minus electrics for it good deal I think. Guys should I mount my esc just inside my fuse to get a better cg adjustability?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yeah mate I swapped my funtana minus electrics for it good deal I think. Guys should I mount my esc just inside my fuse to get a better cg adjustability?

When I had my 60" Extra (which Hone1er bought) I had the ESC mounted underneath the bottom of the motor box, right where it meets the fuse. I think good airflow for cooling is important.

Feral

Too right mate that is important I'll whack it underneath against the firewall thanks buddy

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Tim,
check which version you have.

There's a version with white covering over the firewall/first former then another version without this covering material.

I've had both, the one with the covering came out less nose heavy then the one without the covering in this area.

Make sure you cut the air hole in the bottom of the fuse behind the back of the canopy for the air to get out.

Feral

No covering on the first former Rog the airframe is only a few weeks old its the nose heavy version the holes been cut the dude I got it off did a really good job on the build. Dubro horns are fitted I moved the esc and ccbec back as far as possible she's ready to rip. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362207899.659046.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362207929.842640.jpg. I like what he did on the elev's and stab

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
No covering on the first former Rog the airframe is only a few weeks old its the nose heavy version the holes been cut the dude I got it off did a really good job on the build. Dubro horns are fitted I moved the esc and ccbec back as far as possible she's ready to rip. View attachment 6282View attachment 6283. I like what he did on the elev's and stab

that tail is a work of art.

I'd be too afraid to fly it.

Better send it down here for me to mind for you!!