• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Ohio,
Are you having trouble getting it up and over, or are you having trouble getting it to come out on the down side? I recently learned that one of the tricks is to let off the throttle at the top to allow the nose to drop, then add throttle back as it rounds the 3 to 4 o'clock position.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I have found that my Laser has a huge amount of side area but it does not have as much rudder authority as the MXS. This is good for me as it makes precision rolling maneuvers really easy, and it makes harriers about as simple as any airplane I've ever flown. With that said, I have found that the KE loops are very easy. Make sure your rudder servo is in good shape; you may be getting blowback.

Also, my build thread has concluded: http://3drcforums.com/showthread.php?1784-Another-60-quot-Laser-EXP-build

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Gotta get this thing done! When I get home Cody. This week so I can join all the fun. Anyone have a couple 7245s hangin around they "need" to get rid of? Lol. I know, why? Just askin. I think it's retail for these two.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gotta get this thing done! When I get home Cody. This week so I can join all the fun. Anyone have a couple 7245s hangin around they "need" to get rid of? Lol. I know, why? Just askin. I think it's retail for these two.

Use a tower coupon! I love the 7245mh in this size class... They're hard to beat!

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
DTH7 said:
NEED SERVOS

I have a set that I had in my Extra. They are old and don't center well after a bazillion flights. I'll make you a great deal if you want to send them into Hitec for some refreshing.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I have a set that I had in my Extra. They are old and don't center well after a bazillion flights. I'll make you a great deal if you want to send them into Hitec for some refreshing.

Well you have the other stuff I need. Have to get together this week. Maybe those can be backups and I'll order a couple new to finish the Laser. We'll talk.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Ohio,
Are you having trouble getting it up and over, or are you having trouble getting it to come out on the down side? I recently learned that one of the tricks is to let off the throttle at the top to allow the nose to drop, then add throttle back as it rounds the 3 to 4 o'clock position.

Getting it up and over. I am using 7245's at 8V and even swapped a new backup servo in place. I can get it over just not at all tight. It seems to slide up and wants to turn some need aileron correction.

wedoitall

Getting it up and over. I am using 7245's at 8V and even swapped a new backup servo in place. I can get it over just not at all tight. It seems to slide up and wants to turn some need aileron correction.

Are your sfgs straight? I had one that was alil warped and I swap'd it for one from my MXS. I had the same thing happen when I really got on the rudder in high angle KE and KE loops until I swapped out that sfg. I also lateral balanced mine, ended up using about 1/8 oz. on the right wingtip. I now have really nice KE loops. I do them exactly how Scott Stoops instructs.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Are your sfgs straight? I had one that was alil warped and I swap'd it for one from my MXS. I had the same thing happen when I really got on the rudder in high angle KE and KE loops until I swapped out that sfg. I also lateral balanced mine, ended up using about 1/8 oz. on the right wingtip. I now have really nice KE loops. I do them exactly how Scott Stoops instructs.
I am on travel the rest of the week but will check it out.