• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

zmonster97

I've been getting home so tired that I can't muster the energy to assemble mine.. Maybe I should take some vitamins.. Also been dealing with realtors and trying to find a new house so some nights it just doesn't work out..

How do you guys find the time? The older I get the more sleep I need. Wait maybe it's the older my kids get the more sleep I need ;-)

I'll buy it off you!:D

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
I've been getting home so tired that I can't muster the energy to assemble mine.. Maybe I should take some vitamins.. Also been dealing with realtors and trying to find a new house so some nights it just doesn't work out..

How do you guys find the time? The older I get the more sleep I need. Wait maybe it's the older my kids get the more sleep I need ;-)

its getting more difficult for me too, but spending all day at work I just get this urge to do something completely different for some reason haha

a little update on my build, got everything inspected, ordered the motor and servos. I ordered 4 of the brushless servos from nitrohouse, but they only had 2. So i went ahead and ordered two of the SA-1258tg's and figure I can put them on my ailerons and that will set my mind at ease :D i can also use the long arms on the brushless servos, and on my vyper's elevator. i figured the ailerons shouldnt need real long arms. boyyyyy am i excited. motrolfly 4330 swinging a 20x10 and some nice servos, this puppy is gonna be fuuuuuuuuuuuuun

gyro

GSN Contributor
So, Gary, how do you think it flies compared to the 71" Slick?

Don't know that I can make a totally accurate comparison, as my 71" was OLD when I got it. That said, I'm having a lot of fun with my 72"

Flew it again today, just for one long 15 minute flight (still had over 5 minutes of gas left!) and it was a blast.

Got the pop top timing down, and I'm getting plenty of rotation at the top. I even heard a few wow's out of Humberto today.

I'll say that I'm personally a little more comfy down low with the 72". It has plenty of power on my DLE30, spinning my 19x8 Xoar laminated prop to 74/7500 rpm on the ground, which allows me to do whatever I want with the plane.

Already looking forward to the next lunch time flight!

-G

njswede

150cc
What I like about the 72 is that it's extremely predictable. I tried to make it get into a bad stall, but I couldn't. It just starts losing altitude, but no wing drop or anything. Initially I had problems getting it to slow down for harriers, etc. but Zmonster showed me how to do a little "quickie-wall" to stop it. Since I haven't flown that many "larger" planes before, I had to get used to the fact that it takes a bit more work to get rid of all that kinetic energy.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
What I like about the 72 is that it's extremely predictable. I tried to make it get into a bad stall, but I couldn't. It just starts losing altitude, but no wing drop or anything. Initially I had problems getting it to slow down for harriers, etc. but Zmonster showed me how to do a little "quickie-wall" to stop it. Since I haven't flown that many "larger" planes before, I had to get used to the fact that it takes a bit more work to get rid of all that kinetic energy.

and now that you are used to it, it makes it harder to fly the small stuff :D

wade

50cc
I bought one at Nall this year, the red/blue scheme. I'm putting my gear in it right now. Power HD 8309TG servos on control surfaces (temporary until I can get some savox 1258-tg's), dle 30, stock 12oz tank, life 6.6v receiver battery.

My question is where are you all mounting your ignition batteries if you are running a seperate one for it. It looks like my plane will balance correctly with the ignition battery forward almost up to the firewall.

Thanks,

Wade

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Anyone want to buy my 72 extra? It has a busted motor box and landing gear but could be fixed. Im wanting to sell it RTF (minus receiver) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370828053.743469.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370828065.161712.jpg