• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

gyro

GSN Contributor
I bought one at Nall this year, the red/blue scheme. I'm putting my gear in it right now. Power HD 8309TG servos on control surfaces (temporary until I can get some savox 1258-tg's), dle 30, stock 12oz tank, life 6.6v receiver battery.

My question is where are you all mounting your ignition batteries if you are running a seperate one for it. It looks like my plane will balance correctly with the ignition battery forward almost up to the firewall.

Thanks,

Wade

Hi Wade,

I have the SA-1258tg in mine, they're sweet! You'll like them.

For the battery, I'm only running one, and it's on the pull-pull tray. I have the DLE-30 up front, and it balances nicely.

Good luck!

njswede

150cc
Honestly, that depends on whether there's any damage to the engine and/or servos. If I were you, I'd try to put the engine on a bench and fire it up. I think a lot of people would be unwilling to buy the plane with an engine they're not sure would run.

quadracer

100cc
^^^ +1. I had a DLE30 that never ran right after it was crashed. Granted, it lawn darted from about 300' LOL, but you may want to go ahead and get a carb rebuild kit for it. I think what happened with mine was that the impact tore/distorted/otherwise damaged the carb's internals.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
making progress! just waiting on my last 2 servos and longer servo arms, and i will be a night away from running it up!

532499_10151720147164365_1026618002_n.jpg