• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

And I'd do it again if it weren't for those meddling kids!

But on a serious note, that was a heart pumping event to say the least. Thanks to Gyro for letting me fly his plane :)

Also, 10 seconds before it happened, he literally told me not to rip the wings off.. Oops!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
And I'd do it again if it weren't for those meddling kids!

But on a serious note, that was a heart pumping event to say the least. Thanks to Gyro for letting me fly his plane :)

Also, 10 seconds before it happened, he literally told me not to rip the wings off.. Oops!

Was that followed by you saying "No problem... watch this!"??

Mach3

30cc
Great choice of airplane and motor, you really can't do beter.

For the servos, you really just need to ask yourself if you plan to go up to a 50cc later. If not, you're going a little overkill. A Savox SC-1258TG is what I have in mine, and they are PERFECT. Or, as you suggested, the Hitec HS-7985MG.

So IMHO, if you are NOT planning to move the gear to a 50cc one day, then no, the $100 more you'll spend is not worth it.

Good luck, let us know which way you go!

Looking at the choice is crazy as there are lot's of varying level's of speed & torque. If you have to choose would you rather have a slightly faster servo with less torque or a slightly slower servo with gobs of torque.
I'm not likely to move on to a 50cc any year soon, unless I win the lottery or something of course ;)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Looking at the choice is crazy as there are lot's of varying level's of speed & torque. If you have to choose would you rather have a slightly faster servo with less torque or a slightly slower servo with gobs of torque.
I'm not likely to move on to a 50cc any year soon, unless I win the lottery or something of course ;)

I think based on the above, id recommend the SA-1258tg, since they're fast, plenty of torque, and have the titanium gears.

So yes, torque is nice, but beyond 160oz torque in this size plane, you're really not going to notice a difference between 160 and 260, while a difference between .1 and .15 IS noticeable.

Once you have "enough" torque to move a control without blowback, everything past that is useless IMHO.