• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

73 inch Sbach 342, Black and Red Scheme (won from facebook giveaway, from Aerobeez)

Props

50cc
I just read this entire thread. Great work Propsnwings! I'm excited to see some huckin vids. I'm like you... I have been hesitant to purchase due to lack of information on these planes. It is good to hear that you have had a good experience on the build. Now for the flying!

Awesome! Thank you!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Just as a note... the way I figure out prop load the 19x6 is less than an 18x8. My formula is probably too simple though... I'm sure there is a relevant range it holds true for. Diameter x pitch^2

SnowDog

Just as a note... the way I figure out prop load the 19x6 is less than an 18x8. My formula is probably too simple though... I'm sure there is a relevant range it holds true for. Diameter x pitch^2

Nate, you are probably right...I didn't use any formula.
It seems as though the 19x8 is a better choice in any case....

Props

50cc
Well this GT33 has had about 10 flights on it, I think Joe said he was using a 19A on it, but not sure. If I should still be using an 18-8 then I will, just not sure what to try first I guess.

Props

50cc
Control rod installation... I found the aileron rods to be a bit long, but they will work. Just means I have less thread to work with for adjustment. Not an issue though.

Rudder cables all installed.

Elevator rods were perfect. I installed the stabs with some blue loctite as I will not be removing them. I have a trailer I haul my planes with, so room is not an issue at this time.

As you can see I added a #4 washer under the head of the cap screw on the servo horn, to give added security should the ball joint fail, at least there will still be some control.

I do have one (first one out of 20+) XQ 4013 servo that is a bit grindy... so I will swap it for another and send this one back.

Everything is going fairly straight forward. I am taking extra pictures to let others fully see inside this beautiful bird. I can praise it enough, as I know I will be buying Aerobeez planes in the future.

Attachments

• 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 002.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 002.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 003.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 003.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 004.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 004.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 243
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 006.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 006.jpg