• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

73 inch Sbach 342, Black and Red Scheme (won from facebook giveaway, from Aerobeez)

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
The two Aerobeez Yak's I've had came with two control horns for each control surface and the ball link was sandwiched between them.

It will be interesting to hear what Aerobeez has to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Props

50cc
I agree, and I am not proceeding until I find out what they say. I just wont feel comfortable on a 30CC having only one horn per surface.

Props

50cc
Probably just a mixup in bagging the accessories at the factory.

After research, that is what I have come to think as well. Just seems strange it was all the little baggies, that seem incorrect. I've never had a 20cc but do they use only one horn? As if so, seems that's the "package" that got included by mistake.

Props

50cc
Pushing along. Fuel tank install.
Fiji water bottle with PSP fittings.

havent decided to leave the fueling inside or to put a fuel dot on the outside. I like to try different things with each build.

Attachments

• 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 014.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 014.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 015.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 015.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 016.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 016.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 017.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 017.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 266

SnowDog

looking good Dell; the mod to fit the OS GT 33 will be well worth it. I know the control horn issue is frustrating, but you are correct, you don't want to fly a plane this size on half a control horn...not a good plan ;) My OS GT 33 in my 71 Slick is throwing that plane around the sky like a rag doll; can't wait to hear what you think when you get this thing airborne! (have patience, it took me a long time to get mine done, but it was worth it!)

Props

50cc
looking good Dell; the mod to fit the OS GT 33 will be well worth it. I know the control horn issue is frustrating, but you are correct, you don't want to fly a plane this size on half a control horn...not a good plan ;) My OS GT 33 in my 71 Slick is throwing that plane around the sky like a rag doll; can't wait to hear what you think when you get this thing airborne! (have patience, it took me a long time to get mine done, but it was worth it!)

Thanks! Ya I am calmed down now lol.. Just was frustrated. But went out and flew my "Buck Huck" for an old friend. We got some laughs so made the day better.

My plan is to try and have everything else (possible) done on this bird and just have the horns to install once I get the correct ones. Can't wait to fly it, and can't wait to run this engine. Mr. Joe Smith was its original owner, and I haven't gotten a chance to run it.

Props

50cc
Alan is the man! Just got an email stating that yes they had a batch of single horn ARF'S, however that's been worked out and now are double horn. He is sending me a complete 6 pairs so I can have double horns on this beautiful bird.

That's a 12 in customer service on a scale 1-10!!!

Props

50cc
Alrighty! On to the servos. Got the elevator servos in, and the rudder servo in.
Using XQ 4013D Servos, I have used them before, and they are quite stout and reliable.

Next is the aileron servos. If everything goes as planned, I should have pretty much just the horns to install once they get here.

Attachments

• 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 033.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 033.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 586
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 034.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 034.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 232
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 035.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 035.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 036.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 036.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 270
Last edited by a moderator:

Props

50cc
Aileron servos installed. Now I am all ready for the new horn set Alan at Aerobeez is sending out to me.

So I started fitting the cowl. Got the area for the plug cap/wire opened, now to determine whats needed for the exhaust.

I am thinking I may open up the covering for the canister area, and allow air flow through there for cooling, and then do a small amount on the bottom of cowl. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 038.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 038.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 266
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 039.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 039.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 269
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 040.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 040.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 260