• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroplus 35cc / 76" Edge 540 from Limitless Aero

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I also received mine. Note the box end does not have the honeycomb, not at all and that's the way it was shipped. Someone taped a piece of standard cardboard on the end of the box which was almost torn off when I received the box. Also, noteView attachment 23428View attachment 23429View attachment 23430View attachment 23431 the size of the hinges, they are much, much smaller than the standard used other 30cc planes I've build. This one is just going to sit until I build my other 30cc that arrived today.

Chuck, Sorry you got your box in that shape. But let me say that is not how i shipped it. It was all honeycomb and in very good shape. I believe that was a fedex in shipping patch....

Gyro,

Would you mind describing the flying characteristic of the 540? I won't have my together until the end of July, so I'm really curious how she flies. Very precise, does the 540 float, good agressive 3D? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, very nice pics

V/R

Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gyro,

Would you mind describing the flying characteristic of the 540? I won't have my together until the end of July, so I'm really curious how she flies. Very precise, does the 540 float, good agressive 3D? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, very nice pics

V/R

Chuck
[MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] got the pics, he did awesome :)

So my thoughts on the plane after the first few flights:

1. Slippery! She's really fast and slices through the air nicely, even in wind.

2. Insane roll rate. The big ailerons and big deflection roll the plane very fast.

3. Excellent precision. Very easy to track exactly where you want to go.

4. Easy knife edge. I was doing both slow and fast KE without any mixes....
So almost zero coupling with a very slightly forward of neutral CG.

5. Harrier stability was good. Upright wasn't as locked in as the big 92" AP edge, but I blame that on the wing tips that are factory installed. The tall rudder does help tho, and inverted is amazing.

6. Energy maneuvers were also fun. Not as insanely violent as a few of the other planes I've flown, but definitely aggressive and easy to enter.

I'll post my maiden video within the next week. It shows how well I was able to fly this plane from the get go.

Gyro,

Thanks for the detailed explaination on how she flies. Now I have the money for servos, once I get them I can start the build. What is the recommended torque for the ailerons, eleveator and rudders servos?

These are new servos by Hitec and are very, very efficient but I don't know if 187. oz of torque is enough?

Thanks

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gyro,

Thanks for the detailed explaination on how she flies. Now I have the money for servos, once I get them I can start the build. What is the recommended torque for the ailerons, eleveator and rudders servos?

These are new servos by Hitec and are very, very efficient but I don't know if 187. oz of torque is enough?

Thanks

Hey Chuck,

did you already buy your servos? If not, then I'd recommend these:

http://hitecrcd.com/products/servos...al-high-torque-digital-coreless-servo/product

They've got more torque than the 5565MH servo, but do that with a small sacrifice in speed. Overall, an excellent servo at a competitive price.

I'd honestly feel comfortable running either the 5565MH OR the 5585MH in this airplane. We're talking nearly 200oz/in minimum between the two, which should be plenty on a 35cc sized airplane

oh yeah, still working on the maiden video. soon tho... been super busy!

njswede

150cc
Hey, [MENTION=2452]Limitless Aero[/MENTION]!

I have a couple of questions regarding the 76" Edge.

First of all, this thing just looks like a million dollars and is extremely well built! Kudos to the folks at AeroPlus! Now to the questions:

1) What would you say is the minimum wattage for this plane? I flew mine on 8s 4000mAh, Motrolfly 4330 298Kv and a 20x8 propeller. The wattmeter said I pulled about 2200-2300W on that setup. While I had no problem hovering and pulling out of hovers, the plane felt pretty sluggish. I tried with a 19x10 and got about 2400W and better speed, but I still wouldn't call it a speed monster. Do I need to approach 3000W for this plane to fly well? Gary kept telling me to go 12s. Do I really have to?

2) I experienced some wing drop/snapping in harrier turns. My two other planes in this size class are a 3DHS 72" Extra and a 71" Slick. Maybe their forgiving nature have spoiled me and made me yank on that rudder stick a little too hard. The 76" Edge is significantly more sensitive to alpha and sudden rudder movements than my other similar planes. It feels like the Edge has a very abrupt stall, whereas the others are more smooth. My CG is pretty much right at the wing tube. Is there anything I can do to make it less prone to wing dropping or should I just get used to it and learn to be more careful on the rudder and be ready to give a generous amount of cross aileron?

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Have you checked lateral balance? Big effect on a wing wanting to drop in high alpha.