• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Article: E-Flite UMX AS3Xtra by rcdude07

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
That as3x really can effect the performance. I am working on doing a brushless version of this plane as my in the house plane.

I usually fly it in standard AS3X as that's the least intrusive mode. Haven't had any issues. For me it's strictly about learning the entry.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Like everyone else, my motor has started dying. I have a replacement on backorder from HH. Until then I'm limited in the vertical maneuvers I can do as well as hitting the power hard. My new favorite move is to climb her up, level off, stall, then keep her level with no power as she floats down.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Replaced the motor today. Even with the tiniest chunk of foam I had to cut out, the nose really weakened.

IMG_20150524_141937692.jpg