• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

Tseres

150cc
Mary Christmas from My Family to Yours.
IMG_0426.JPG

Tseres

150cc
Got my wing spar tubes in. I have some more work to do on the Sukhoi. I'll get back on the Camel as soon as I can.

DSC_0090.JPG

Tseres

150cc
I had a little bit of time this evening so I had to put my mind at ease... I wasn't sure if the double tube is going to work because If you get it out of parallel then the two wing halves won't slide together. As it turned out it works. The wing tube sockets fit real tight between the spars. This is good. Getting them snug to the outside wing shear web squared them up just right. I knew the inside of the sockets were going to stick out. I had to shim the spar with 3/32 thick balsa then lightly sand them back with the sanding block till I put a mark on the tube. Sanding took a little finesse but worked great. Glued the 1/8 lithe ply shear web and cap combo with medium CA to hold the inside of the tube. I ran a bead of thin CA between the spars and the tube sockets to hold them in place originally. What I'm doing seems to be working so far. :fist_pump:

DSC_0104.JPG DSC_0105.JPG DSC_0106.JPG DSC_0107.JPG

Tseres

150cc
Finished joining the Right win together. This is going to work great. Glad I decided to make it a 3 piece wing.

DSC_0109.JPGDSC_0110.JPGDSC_0111.JPGDSC_0112.JPGDSC_0113.JPGDSC_0114.JPGDSC_0115.JPG

Last edited: