• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

Tseres

150cc
I'm still following your builds Tom even when I'm in Arizona where the sun is shining and the temperature is heading for the mid 80s. :banana-dance:Build is looking good!

Stay there Were having Great weather here also. The temps been around 70 and little wind. Went flying Friday and Saturday. :)
:yesss:

Tseres

150cc
I had a dilemma as to how to mount the gas tank. It has to be removable to get to the motor mount screws. . I had to move the Servos rearward but I don't think it will affect much since it is so close to the CG. I'll add led if I have to. Sometimes one don't have a choice.

Hooked up the Pull Pull cable. Most of this set up was left over from my "Wrecked Extra". I'm glad I saved it. I traded my Savox Servos to Art so he could use them in his Edge. I'm going to use these Hitecs in the fuse. I still have 2 Savox for the Wings.

IMG_1829.jpg
IMG_1830.JPG
IMG_1831.JPG
IMG_1832.jpg
IMG_1833.JPG
IMG_1834.JPG

Last edited:

Tseres

150cc
I picked the Glue out of the hinges and made up the pushrod and I modified the control horns that came with the kit and installed them.

Finished off the tank tray to fit the tank.I'm installing a 16 oz Tail Dragger Fuel tank. I don't like the lines that come inside these and other Clear tanks. I do like the tank. Nice fittings and Cap. The bottle itself is nice and Rigid. If you leave gas inside the tank the blue line will grow a lot. So I changed them out with Tygon. I also like a 2 line tank so I capped off the filler nipple. Now I need to call chad and see if he has a 1/8 metal fuel T.

IMG_1843.JPG
IMG_1844.JPG
IMG_1845.JPG
IMG_1835.JPG
IMG_1836.JPG
IMG_1837.JPG
IMG_1839.JPG
IMG_1840.JPG
IMG_1841.JPG
IMG_1842.JPG

Tseres

150cc
This morning I finished the pushrods for the Elevator. This evening I started building the battery box and a place to mount the Ignition.

Just thought of something. I hope I put the ignition plate on the right side since the engine is a side carb. OH OH.

IMG_1846.JPG
IMG_1847.JPG
IMG_1848.JPG
IMG_1849.JPG
IMG_1850.JPG
IMG_1851.JPG
IMG_1852.JPG
IMG_1853.JPG
IMG_1854.JPG
IMG_1855.JPG
IMG_1856.JPG
IMG_1857.JPG

Tseres

150cc
Throttle servo was easier to set up then I first thought. A little Grinding ,filling and backing up and there is a perfect place for a side carb throttle servo location.:)

IMG_1861.JPG
IMG_1862.JPG
IMG_1863.JPG
IMG_1864.JPG
IMG_1865.JPG
IMG_1866.JPG