• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

Tseres

150cc
Made up the brackets and bracing wires for the tail. Don't have them soldered yet. Also cobbled up control horns for the pull pull on the Ruder

The nose of the plane makes a perfect plane stand for working on the tail. :)

IMG_1778.JPG
IMG_1779.JPG
IMG_1780.JPG
IMG_1781.JPG
IMG_1782.JPG
IMG_1783.JPG

Tseres

150cc
Today I soldered the bracing rods. Then I decided to finish up the top wing.

I took the Center rib out between the spars. On the full scale Camel there is a hole in the top wing in the middle of the wing. I believe this was designed in to give the pilot a better view of what's above him. The big wing limited the pilots view.

Here is something I started doing after I built my P-47. It's a cap over the T-nuts to help hold them in. I pushed out some in the wing of the 47 and it is a pain to repair them. I used to glue them in with Epoxy only. It let go on me once. That's all it takes for me to change the way I due things. I have not had a T-nut come loose since I started putting a cap over them.
IMG_1784.JPG
IMG_1785.JPG
IMG_1786.JPG
IMG_1787.JPG
IMG_1788.JPG
IMG_1789.JPG
IMG_1790.JPG
IMG_1791.JPG
IMG_1792.JPG
IMG_1793.JPG
IMG_1794.JPG
IMG_1795.jpg

Tseres

150cc
Someone asked me about my covering methods. I put a thin strip into corners first. I also put a strip where ever there's going to be some hinges and I cut a slot or in the case of pin hinges a hole. Then install the hinge. I ended up gluing the hinges on the wing part with Gorilla Glue. Messing around pining them takes to long. LOL. The weather was nice today so it reminded me that flying time is near. I'm going to have to pick up the pace if I want to fly it this Summer.
IMG_1800.JPG
IMG_1801.JPG
IMG_1802.JPG
IMG_1803.JPG

Tseres

150cc
I stuck around the house today. Wife's not feeling good. She has that Cough that everyone is getting around here. I've already had it.I spent some time in the shop while playing Domestic Technician all day at the same time. It's a good thing that odds and ends need finished up cause I could do a little work on the plane then go in the house and make lunch. So on and so fourth.

Finished up the top wing and stuck it up on the pegs. Then finished up the aileron pushrod brackets on the lower wings and Glued in the hinges on the lower ailerons and set them aside to cure till tomorrow.

Made up some brackets for the wing cables to hook to. These are not part of the Kit so I'm winging it. Never done this before so I'm doing as I please since I don't know how to do it... But I'll find out. LOL. I used the front wire bracket from the kit. I found the hardware that I reordered. Now I'm not short on anything. I scratched out the rear ones from some sheet metal I found in the scrap can.

Started making the servo rails but I have no Idea where to put the fuel tank. So I'm just making parts for now. I'm open to some help here from the people that built these BUSA Kits before.

IMG_1808.JPG
IMG_1809.JPG
IMG_1810.JPG
IMG_1812.JPG
IMG_1813.JPG
IMG_1814.JPG
IMG_1815.JPG
IMG_1816.JPG
IMG_1817.JPG
IMG_1818.JPG
IMG_1819.JPG
IMG_1820.JPG
IMG_1821.JPG
IMG_1822.JPG
IMG_1823.JPG
IMG_1824.JPG
IMG_1825.JPG
IMG_1826.JPG
IMG_1827.JPG
IMG_1828.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
That thing is really looking good!

I feel your wifes pain with the cough. I had very little sleep this weekend. Evey time I was just about asleep I would cough, and it went on and on and on.

I'm still following your builds Tom even when I'm in Arizona where the sun is shining and the temperature is heading for the mid 80s. :banana-dance:Build is looking good!