• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bavarian Demon Cortex

Just tried out my Cortex for the first time yesterday ... first flight was almost a disaster.... I was messing around with the gain and set it too high my mistake (plane started to twitch like a thing posessed!)
Turned it off and landed and did quick reset of the gain to 20 & 40. Took off with Gain=0 and tested again (gain=20) at a decent height. It worked well this time, but I had low rates set so the plane felt a little too tame .. so will increase them next time.

But the landing was superb ... !!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Esprit has them on sale for the 4th @ $249 right now, thats pretty good man.

Flying-IN
Start with a low gain on the AUX
(gyro) channel and increase carefully.
You may reduce any expo with activated
gyro system, as the hold effect
acts a bit similar to an expo function

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Esprit has them on sale for the 4th @ $249 right now, thats pretty good man.

Flying-IN
Start with a low gain on the AUX
(gyro) channel and increase carefully.
You may reduce any expo with activated
gyro system, as the hold effect
acts a bit similar to an expo function

Those prices on Esprit represent the new retail MAP pricing. Demon just dropped their prices and are now offering the sensor without the cable for people like myself than already have a cable from my current gyros.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
You know I still haven't bought one yet. All my planes fly so well now I cant even imagine how it would be with one installed.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
You know I still haven't bought one yet. All my planes fly so well now I cant even imagine how it would be with one installed.

Danny the US Rep did a lot of testing of the Cortex prior to its release with his 65 Vyper, I believe you have that one....

I have three cortex's, I swear by them, my planes fly so great with them, and when the wind picks up and most people quit I can still fly and have the sky to myself. Makes my planes even that much more enjoyable to fly.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Are there any video tutorials out there that show how to set one up for a 3D plane?

Yes there is a good thread over at RCG, Camoy has some video demonstrations on setting up flight modes for the changing EXPO values when the Cortex is on/off, and there was some discussions about tuning the Cortex. And Danny the Rep is active on that thread as well.

Believe it or not I am flying mine bone stock out of the box. I still haven't done any fine tuning with the Cortex app. I just installed them, set the gain values in my transmitter and have been flying them for a year now. I have not felt the need to do any tuning, they fly great in both precision and 3D. It's very difficult to put into words how the Cortex affects the plane. I always say that with much lower expo values, you get really nice one-to-one feel plus it makes the plane feel at least one size larger. A 48 will feel like a 60, a 35cc plane will feel like a 50cc plane, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Man I wish I could try one out. I'll probably still get one though. It gets pretty windy here where I live sometimes.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Man I wish I could try one out. I'll probably still get one though. It gets pretty windy here where I live sometimes.

Ollie from 3DRC Parts demo's them at events, he will install one in your plane and set it up for you. He says once they go in, they stay in. Every pilot at my field I've let try one of my planes with the Cortex is amazed, but, that never converted to any sales for Demon Aero as they were just too expensive.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well Hell Bro, you just live right down the road from me...right there in SanD...Why dontcha hop in your rig and drive on up here so I can try one out.:peace:

You know I look at your sig and I got to tell ya I like it what you got going on there bud. Just missing that one real big one like the 93" Extra 330SC BaaBoom. Man I did some quick figures in my head for a electric build and that things is going to be around $2500 or so maybe more. BaaBoomBoom BANG!!!:facepalm: