• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

BlueBird HB 50B servos

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Finally got the 2 needing attention off to BB. Glad to hear they are running cool Chris! I found the MPX connectors (both styles) at HK and that's what these brutes will be getting "plugged in" with.

View attachment 84395 View attachment 84396
@49dimes ,
How do the top plugs work the round ends with three brass pins are confusing. How does it work connect and the wires connector the plug. Can show or explain please. Thanks.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Its a MultiPlex plug. I dont like what is shown in the pix. The roundness is where you solder your wiring.
Are all the pins the same or are the three pins, one plus, one negative and the third one the signal. And you have to solder inside of the round part.????????

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Guys.......The plugs with the round solder ring allow you to solder a battery forming three common and 3 positive connections. 1 in 3 out.

I will omit the solder ring and solder the battery to the two lower groups of pins (4 or 2+2-) and the upper two pins will get the split elevator servo's signal wires.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Here is what Blue Bird said about my servo issues..........Product version updated. Please send us your remaining servos for update. Best to have same communication between all servos.

Now that is really not detailed but knowing that analog to digital converters operating at higher resolution like to see higher operating frequencies I imagine they have re-flashed the chipsets to operate best at 520Hz and not 333Hz as stated in the servo sheet supplied with the servo.

Just wondering who you are talking with over there, Kelly.... We arent able to talk with the engineers at BlueBird. Just some sales/service rep, according to Chad.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just wondering who you are talking with over there, Kelly.... We arent able to talk with the engineers at BlueBird. Just some sales/service rep, according to Chad.

Gina Wang and Vicky Lieu are the secretaries in the sales and production departments. I doubt any of us will be able to speak directly to the design team unless "invited" to do so. I do know that it is the recommendation by Blue Bird that US customers use Tail Dragger RC for purchase, service and support of these servos. I have been able to deal directly because I have been doing it for 25 years with them. Once I get all my servo's back I will most certainly work with Chad for new orders.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Are all the pins the same or are the three pins, one plus, one negative and the third one the signal. And you have to solder inside of the round part.????????

This is borrowed from Chads website but you can see how servo wires are arranged on the pins- this picture in particular is for a 3 way servo connection, so it's a busy wire job:

2013_11_13_16.22.29_2__12427.1384383797.1280.1280.jpg

Otherwise there is one pin dedicated for each servo wire, the normal green MPX connectors have only 6 pins so you're limited to 2 servos whereas the 8 pin connectors have more room for more servos.

Otherwise the connector is used for battery/ESC connections, in which case 3 pins are used for positive and 3 for negative. I've never really liked the knockoff MPX connectors as they feel really cheep to me.

2 flights tonite. Using just a hair over 400mAh/pack/flight. Which is to be expected with a high powered servo. DC source, current consumption goes up too!