• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Build Log Top Flite P-40E Warhawk Gold Edition kit

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Very nice!! Looking good, I always have a love hate relationship with sanding, hate the sanding but love that it turns into right in front of your eyes. Well done!

I don't mind it, but since I don't have a garage and my hobby room is beside the master bedroom, I only want to sand outside.

Looking good you might catch me I haven't been able to finish mine as wife fell and broke her shoulder and it has been sitting downstairs waiting to be painted.

Hehe, we'll see. Family first.

What will this beauty weigh when it's all said and done? Looking pretty awesome.

Thanks. Instructions indicate 8-10.5 pounds. But I wouldn't be surprised if mine is a little heavier if I was heavy on the glue by mistake.

djjr

30cc
Nice work!

[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] Mine is 5.1kg or 11.2 pound ready to fly.

Last edited by a moderator:

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
I was off work yesterday as some family was in town. Took advantage of the warm weather and did the first but of sanding on the wing tips.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Took some time off the build and built a Sawn-Craft micro Skyray kit. I'm a little unmotivated to keep building at the present time. There's a real good chance the club I fly the nitros at is losing our field later this year.

I did fill in large gaps at the LE with strips of scrap today.

Bipenut53

150cc
Took some time off the build and built a Sawn-Craft micro Skyray kit. I'm a little unmotivated to keep building at the present time. There's a real good chance the club I fly the nitros at is losing our field later this year.

I did fill in large gaps at the LE with strips of scrap today.

Thats too bad about your club... I hope they figure out a way to keep going. We cant loose any more flying fields anywhere in the country with the state of our hobby right now, It is hard enough to get a flying field going now a days.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Thats too bad about your club... I hope they figure out a way to keep going. We cant loose any more flying fields anywhere in the country with the state of our hobby right now, It is hard enough to get a flying field going now a days.

ditto. Our main flying site is a shared site, so I feel you pain. Tour buses park in the lot during the summer, and the city dumps snow off the streets in the corner. Complicated to keep going.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Our club hasn't had a formal agreement with the Forest Service (we fly on an old WWII airstrip, or so I'm told) at the ranger station for Jordan Lake, NC. The Board has been trying to get a formal agreement in place for years. Our club has grown from 30-ish in 2009 when I joined to 100+ lately. And bigger models are flying more frequently. We already can only fly after business hours in summer months, weekends, and state holidays. But with increased membership has come problems with gates not being locked properly and the Ranger threatening loss of access due to them not able to get in due to wrong padlock usage by us. Bald Eagles are present in the area and we avoid them, but the current ranger is saying our modeling activities threaten local endangered birds....... Fortunately county commissioners are welcoming and really want us at some other land about 15 minutes from the current site if we can't reach an agreement with the Forest Service.

Bipenut53

150cc
Wow [MENTION=393]rcdude07[/MENTION] you sure have a lot of obstacles to overcome there. Sounds like maybe an alternate solution may be in place if you cant come to an agreement. Here we have no club. It is just a group of us, approximately 8 of us and we fly off of a friends private airstrip. We would like to do a club but we cant at our current location because we dont want to impose on our friend. The rest of the land around us is either federal government, state, and fish and game department ground. I have tried in the past to reach any kind of agreement with any of them but they wont even talk to us, many letters sent. But we will keep trying, maybe some day.....

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Bipenut say's....

Here we have no club. It is just a group of us, approximately 8 of us and we fly off of a friends private airstrip.

@Bipenut Sounds like a club to me. :) How many friends or people does it take to make a club bud. Your all getting together and having fun doing what you do. All the rest of the stuff doesn't matter... at least not to me. I think what you all got going on is cool dude.

Last edited by a moderator: